Subject: [nfsv4] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:21:25 -0800

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for responding to Linda Dunbar's comments.

I'm not an NFS person in any way, so much of the document was over my head.
On an editorial note, I found the way the definitions were written to be
interesting (the term, and then the "is a ...") - this is no way a criticism, I
just found it unusual (and actually quite engaging, I might steal that!)

Also, props on the embedding of the XDR; I hadn't seen that particular way (the
` grep "^  *///" | sed 's?^  */// ??' | sed 's?^  *///$??' ` ) of embedding
code in a draft -- this seems to be fairly popular in the NFS WG (which is
probably why I hadn't seen it. :-)