Subject: [nfsv4] Bake-a-thons

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:40:33 -0500

With the recent demise of two of our long-time sponsors, what's
the current plan?

There was some recent mention of March (that used to be June) in
Ann Arbor?  Red Hat has a smallish engineering office in Ann Arbor,
but could probably fit 30 in and around the space.

Would folks be interested in trying Brno?  Red Hat has a newer
reasonably sized engineering office in Brno.

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 08:34:47 -0800

Disclaimer: Neither the nfsv4 WG nor the IETF are responsible
for NFS community testing events. I'm speaking from personal
knowledge and opinion.

The 2018 Connectathon event was canceled due to a reorganization
of the team at Oracle that historically hosted these events. This
does not mean that there will not be an Oracle-sponsored event
in the future. Either an Oracle-hosted Connectathon or bake-a-thon
is still very possible.

For other reasons, Primary Data had stepped away from event
sponsorship late last year. The community had already prepared
that they would not help sponsor a spring 2018 bake-a-thon.

And, Red Hat is still committed to hosting a fall NFS event at
Westford, which Steve will announce in due time.

All that said, as was mentioned here a few days ago, there is
already planning ongoing for a spring 2018 bake-a-thon event
the final week of March 2018. That has not changed due to any
recent industry announcements.

The only question right now is whether it will happen at the
Oracle Ann Arbor office or at NetApp in Sunnyvale. We will try
to have more information posted as soon as possible.

> On Jan 24, 2018, at 6:40 AM, William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

--
Chuck Lever

---

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 21:06:12 -0500

> for NFS community testing events. I'm speaking from personal
Historically, both IETF and Working Groups organized bakeoffs and
bake-a-thons.  See RFC 1025, and lots of mailing list traffic
over the years!

> in the future. Either an Oracle-hosted Connectathon or bake-a-thon
Great!

> recent industry announcements.
A few weeks ago (barely a mention on this list), but also great!

> to have more information posted as soon as possible.
OK.  But having one in Brno would better mesh with London, at least
this year.