Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 15:49:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) Flexible File Layout
        Authors         : Benny Halevy
                          Thomas Haynes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-16.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2018-01-25

Abstract:
   The Parallel Network File System (pNFS) allows a separation between
   the metadata (onto a metadata server) and data (onto a storage
   device) for a file.  The flexible file layout type is defined in this
   document as an extension to pNFS which allows the use of storage
   devices in a fashion such that they require only a quite limited
   degree of interaction with the metadata server, using already
   existing protocols.  Client-side mirroring is also added to provide
   replication of files.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/