Subject: [nfsv4] Moving forward on draft-ietf-nfs-migration-issues

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 08:40:54 -0400

The -00 for this document was submitted way back in 4/2012 and while there
have been changes from then until now, it appears that, with regard to the
material in -14, there are no issues that need further discussion.  Given
that that material was the basis for the working group documents
draft-ietf-nfsv4-{mv0-trunking,mv1-msns}-update, if there are such issues
they need to be raised right away.

-15 has some changes regarding the handling of multiple connection types
that might need working group discussion before the document is ready for
WGLC.  While I expect that there will be time allocated for discusion of
this document at IETF102, it would be better if we could get the discussion
of people's issues going before then so I'm asking people to review the
document.  Given the limited scope of the changes in -15, reviewing the
diffs between -14 and -15 will probably be many people's preference.

If people do have issues with text in -15, please send them to the working
group list.  If there are issues  that can be resolved in a -16 submitted
by 7/2, I will do so.  If there are other issues to resolve, we can
continue discussion up to and during IETF 102.  My hope is that I will be
able to produce a -16 or -17 soon after IETF 102 for which WGLC will be
requested.