Subject: [nfsv4] Target date for draft-jetf-nfsv4-migration-issues

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 11:40:27 -0400

I have just submitted -15.  It appears that the current target date for
WGLC, 6/2018 is not likely to be realized and some adjustment will be
required.  The primary reason for this is the need to include some
additional material relating to the existence of multiple connection types
in -15.

Because of the need for discussion of this new material, I will probably be
unable to request WGLC of -15 for a while in order to give the working
group time to discuss -15. The July 2 cutoff date for draft submission will
also come into a play meaning that a decision will have to be made in late
June or early July.

Based on working group discussion, a decision will need to be made before
7/2 anong the following potential paths:

   - That -15 is to be a basis for WGLC.
   - There is a set of changes to be made for a -16 to be submitted by 7/2
   with WGLC to be requested soon after submission
   - There is not yet general agreement on a set of changes to be made to
   get to a final version of this document.

In the last case, there will be discussion of the contents of -16 at
IETF102, with the expectation that WGLC will be requested on that,
probably in early August. In the other two cases, WGLC will be be going on
during IETF102 and there will probably need to be time at the meeting for a
discussion of related issues. In all cases, the ultimate fate of the
document will need to be discussed.  The question of whether it needs to be
published as an Informational RFC needs to be resolved.

It appears that 8/2018 is a reasonable target for the completion of WGLC
but I don't see a need to change milestones now.  As I see it, we should
ensure that any problematic milestones are discussed at IETF102 so that an
updated set of milestones can be published soon after the completion of
IETF 102.

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 11:16:27 -0400

I have  recently submitted -15.  It appears that the current target date
for WGLC, 6/2018 is not likely to be realized and some adjustment will be
required.  The primary reason for this is the need to include some
additional material relating to the existence of multiple connection types
in -15.