Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 04:34:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : NFS Version 4.1 Update for Multi-Server Namespace
        Authors         : David Noveck
                          Charles Lever
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-02.txt
	Pages           : 99
	Date            : 2018-10-21

Abstract:
   This document presents necessary clarifications and corrections
   concerning features related to the use of location-related attributes
   in NFSv4.1.  These include migration, which transfers responsibility
   for a file system from one server to another, and facilities to
   support trunking by allowing discovery of the set of network
   addresses to use to access a file system.  This document updates
   RFC5661.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 08:07:16 -0400

This draft addresses the issues that have come up during discussion of -01:

   - Rick Maclem's issues regardinhg the lack of clarity in the description
   of RECLAIM_COMPLETE (the problem being that the the rca_one_fs=TRUE case
   was treated as a step-child) needed to be dealt with.  Also the
   consequences of the resulting confusion needed to be addressed.
   - The issues that Chuck passed  on regarding the handling of specfic
   fields in fs_locations_info (whther the data described the replica or the
   specfic network access path(s) in the location entry) needed to be dealt
   with.  As a result, I decided to clarify this question for
   fs_locations_info as a whole.

Normally, the fact that -01 has been available for a substantial time, and
that thse two issues were all that needed to be addressed would cause me to
request WGLC for this version.   However, given the size of the textual
changes to address these two issues (diffs over a thousand lines), I've
decided to give the working group a bit more time to look at these changes
and make sure they are OK going forward.

As a result my plan for this document going forward is as follows:

   - I'll give the working group three weeks to examine the changes made in
   -02.
   - If there are comments that need to be addressed but no blocking issues
   arise between now and 11/11, I'll produce a -03 that addresses these
   comments and request WGLC on that version.
   - If there are no comments that need to be addressed by that time, I'll
   request WGLC on -02.

If we do start WGLC in the first few week of November, WGLC should end by
the end of the year, even making all possible allowance for difficulties
caused by the holiday season.   This should enable the target date of March
2019 for final submission to be met without difficulty.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:35 AM
Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-02.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the
IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4