Subject: [Nfvrg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-00.txt

From: Giacomo Bernini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 17:33:25 +0200

Dear all,

we would like to announce to the list that we have submitted a new I-D
entitled " VNF Orchestration For Automated Resiliency in Service Chains".

Feedbacks, reviews and comments from all of you are more than welcome.

Best regards,
Giacomo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2015-07-03 17:29 GMT+02:00
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-00.txt
To: Vincenzo Maffione <[email-masked]>, Pedro Andres Aranda
Gutierrez <[email-masked]>, "Diego R. Lopez" <
[email-masked]>, Giacomo Bernini <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Giacomo Bernini and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration
Revision:       00
Title:          VNF Orchestration For Automated Resiliency in Service Chains
Document date:  2015-07-03
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          15
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-00

Abstract:
   Network Function Virtualization (NFV) aims at evolving the way
   network operators design, deploy and provision their networks by
   leveraging standard IT virtualization technologies to move and
   consolidate a wide range of network functions and services onto
   industry standard high volume servers, switches and storage.  Primary
   area of impact for operators is the network edge, being stimulated by
   the recent updates on NFV and SDN.  In fact, operators are looking at
   their future datacenters and Points of Presence (PoPs) as
   increasingly dynamic infrastructures to deploy Virtualized Network
   Functions (VNFs) and on-demand chained services with high elasticity.

   This document presents an orchestration framework for automated
   deployment of highly available VNF chains.  Resiliency of VNFs and
   chained services is a key requirement for operators to improve, ease,
   automate and speed up services lifecycle management.  The proposed
   VNFs orchestration framework is also positioned with respect to
   current NFV and Service Function Chaining (SFC) architectures and
   solutions.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
=============================================
 Giacomo Bernini
 R&D Project Manager

 mobile : +39 338 9454 784
 phone  : +39 050 3871 696
 e-mail : [email-masked]

 Nextworks s.r.l.
 via Livornese, 1027
 56122 S.Piero a Grado, Pisa - ITALY
=============================================