Subject: [Nfvrg] ICC 2016 Workshop on Orchestration for Software Defined Infrastructures

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:32:14 +0200

Dear colleagues,
this CFP for First IEEE International Workshop on Orchestration for 
Software-Defined Infrastructuresmay be of interest for you: 
http://icc2016.ieee-icc.org/sites/icc2016.ieee-icc.org/files/u44/03_ICC16_WS_O4SDI_CFP.pdf

More information are available here: http://www.o4sdi.unibo.it/

Best regards,

Federica Paganelli

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

   CALL FOR PAPERS

   First IEEE International Workshop on
   Orchestration for Software-Defined Infrastructures (O4SDI 2016)

   To be held in conjunction with the
   IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2016)
   May 23-27, 2016 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

http://icc2016.ieee-icc.org/cfw

http://www.o4sdi.unibo.it#workshop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

   IMPORTANT DATES

   Paper submission deadline:  December 4, 2015
   Acceptance notification:    February 21, 2016
   Camera-ready papers:        March 13, 2016

   SUBMISSION INFORMATION

   Paper submissions will be handled on-line through the EDAS system.
   Further information will be soon available at

http://icc2016.ieee-icc.org/cfw

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

   SCOPE

   The current convergence between computing and networking eco-systems
   clearly shows that software will play an unprecedented dominant role in
   future communication environments. Computing, storage, and connectivity
   services will be deployed as generalized virtual functions within a
   software-defined infrastructure composed of a "fog" of micro-clouds,
   typically located at the edge of the network. Suitable orchestration
   mechanisms must then be devised to facilitate the live deployment and
   dynamic lifecycle management of these virtual elements, at the
   application level, the server level, and the network level, within a
   single domain and across multiple domains.

   Open issues that must still be addressed include: unified management of
   computing, storage, and network resources; abstraction models and open
   standard interfaces; adaptation and optimization mechanisms to be
   enforced at global and/or local levels.

   The First IEEE International Workshop on Orchestration for Software-
   Defined Infrastructures (O4SDI) aims at providing an international
   forum for researchers and practitioners to discuss and address the
   challenges that must be faced in order to facilitate orchestration and
   programmability of generalized virtual functions in Software Defined
   Infrastructures (SDI). The workshop welcomes contributions from both
   computing and network-oriented research communities, with the aim of
   facilitating interdisciplinary discussion, cross-fertilization and
   exchange of ideas and best practices.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

   TOPICS OF INTEREST

   Due to the highly interdisciplinary scope of the workshop,
   contributions are expected from both computer science and
   communications areas. Works that discuss lessons learnt and best
   practices, describe practical deployment and implementation experiences,
   and/or demonstrate innovative use-cases are especially encouraged for
   presentation in the workshop. We are particularly interested in papers
   that cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:

    - single domain and cross domain orchestration issues
    - integrated network and computing resource control and management
    - control and abstraction of heterogeneous networks
    - orchestration in SDN/NFV
    - orchestration for next-generation IP and optical networks
    - QoS/QoE in software-defined infrastructures
    - orchestration for high-availability and resilience in 
software-defined infrastructures
    - network programmability for service chaining
    - run-time orchestration
    - dynamic service composition and delivery
    - software engineering and operating systems techniques applied to 
orchestration
    - description, specification, and abstraction languages for 
orchestration
    - optimal orchestration algorithms
    - context-aware orchestration
    - functional architectures of orchestrating elements
    - testbed experiments on orchestrations
    - performance evaluation of orchestration elements
    - standardization issues in orchestration

   O4SDI 2016 will also feature a panel discussing "Orchestration in the
   context of Software Defined Infrastructures," as well as invited talks.
   Dr. Stuart Clayman, University College London, will moderate the panel
   and will also give a talk about the role of abstractions in software
   which will be particularly important for network orchestration, one of
   the most important interdisciplinary aspects of the workshop theme.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

   WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

   Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy – [email-masked]
   Barbara Martini, CNIT, Pisa, Italy – [email-masked]
   Federica Paganelli, CNIT, Firenze, Italy – [email-masked]

   Additional information on the O4SDI initiative can be found at:

http://www.o4sdi.unibo.it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

   AUTHOR GUIDELINES

   Prospective authors are invited to submit high-quality, original
   technical papers for presentation at the workshop and publication in
   the IEEE O4SDI 2016 Proceedings and IEEE Xplore. All final submissions
   should be written in English with a maximum paper length of six (6)
   printed pages (10-point font). Papers are reviewed on the basis that
   they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to
   any other conference at the same time (double submission). At least one
   co-author/author of an accepted paper MUST register and present the
   paper at the workshop for the paper to appear on IEEE Xplore.

   For additional author guidelines, please refer to:

http://icc2016.ieee-icc.org/content/authors-guidelines

-- 

Federica Paganelli, PhD
CNIT Researcher
Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunications
via S. Marta 3
50139 Firenze
tel. +39 055 2758596
cell. +39 349 8843383
email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
webpage: http://lrst.dinfo.unifi.it/people/Paganelli/index.html