Subject: [Nfvrg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas-00.txt

From: Róbert Szabó <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 07:23:43 +0000

Hello All,

I would like to offer to your considerations this new draft on VNF Benchmarking as a Service. 
Comments / questions welcome!

Regards,
Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 7:50 PM
To: Raphael Vicente Rosa; Christian Esteve Rothenberg; Róbert Szabó
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Szabo and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas
Revision:	00
Title:		VNF Benchmark-as-a-Service
Document date:	2015-10-19
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		20
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas-00

Abstract:
   Network Function Virtualization (NFV) promises the delivery of
   flexible chaining of Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs) with
   portability, elasticity, guaranteed performance, reliability among
   others.  Service providers expect similar behavior from NFV as their
   current appliances based infrastructure, however, with the ease and
   flexibility of operation and cost effectiveness.  Managing for
   predictable performance in virtualized environments is far from
   straightforward.  Considering resource provisioning, selection of an
   NFV Infrastructure Point of Presence to host a VNF or allocation of
   resources (e.g., virtual CPUs, memory) needs to be done over
   virtualized (abstracted and simplified) resource views.  In order to
   support orchestration decisions, we argue that a framework for VNF
   benchmarking is need.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat