Subject: [Nfvrg] Cloudification of LTE RAN on JuJu

From: Rohit Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 20:25:47 +0100

Dear All,

I wanted to bring attention to this mailing list, that there is
demonstrator of LTE stack (on x86 platform) that uses OpenAirInterface
(OAI) (www.openairinterrface.org) using JuJu Charms (
https://jujucharms.com/u/navid-nikaein/).

We are working with our community on the future evolution of this work, the
roadmap for 2016 can be found here,
http://www.openairinterface.org/?page_id=1319

All the work (eNB, EPC, RRH (based on Ethernet Front haul)) is open source
in this demo, so I thought to pass this information along to this group in
case some of you would be interested to prototype or explore further how
OAI can be used to further NFV from practical point of view.

I encourage you to interact with the mailing list
https://gitlab.eurecom.fr/oai/openairinterface5g

Or feel free to ping me directly for any questions. We are quite interested
to make practical contributions to open source organizations such as OpNFV,
OSM, etc. or work with NFVRG to use OAI as an open source tool to further
NFV research.

For those of you working with OpNFV, the above framework can be easily
integrated with OpNFV (joid), https://wiki.opnfv.org/joid

Here are some relevant papers that you might find useful for this work.

http://www.eurecom.fr/en/publication/4641/download/cm-publi-4641.pdf

http://www.eurecom.fr/fr/publication/4843/download/cm-publi-4843_1.pdf

Regards,
Rohit

*Rohit GUPTA, PhD*
OpenAirInterface Software Development Manager

*EURECOM, France*

*Email: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>*

*Google*+: *https://plus.google.com/+OpenairinterfaceOrg
<https://plus.google.com/+OpenairinterfaceOrg>*

*Website: http://www.openairinterface.org/
<http://www.openairinterface.org/>*
*Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/company/openairinterface
<http://www.openairinterface.org/>*