Subject: [Nfvrg] CCAC 2016 – deadline extended to 1st July

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 13:48:36 +0200

------------ Apologies for Cross-posting ---------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

International Workshop on Cloud and Context-Aware Computing (CCAC’2016)

to be held In conjunction with the 7th International Conference on 
Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN-2016) 
September 19-22, 2016 London, United

http://liris.cnrs.fr/~ccac2016/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission Deadline: 1 July 2016 (extended)

Authors Notification: 10 July 2016

Final Manuscript Due: 20 July 2016

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE

With the rapid momentum that mobile cloud computing is gaining, both in 
research and industry and within the proliferation of more context-aware 
services, adaptive cloud has become more and more prominent. Indeed, 
context aware information, such as, location, user’s profile, network, 
personal context and situational context, can provide users with more 
adaptive on-the-fly cloud services and optimise the use of resources.

Research investigations in context-aware clouds include but are not 
limited to, caching strategies, energy conservation techniques, 
geo-referenced contextual information gathering and processing, etc.

On one hand, the success of context-aware cloud services depends heavily 
on how the contextual data is being gathered, modelled, processed and 
transmitted over the network infrastructure.

On the other hand context-aware architectures can highly benefit from 
the use of cloud services. Due to the nature of context information, 
context can be seen as’ big’ data. Indeed, depending on the application 
domain contextual information can be gathered from a variety of sensors 
producing massive volumes of data that can represented in a variety of 
types.

Therefore, existing big data techniques such as massive parallel and 
in-memory databases, deep packet inspection technology etc. can benefit 
the development and implementation of context-aware systems and services.

It can also enable context aware middleware to access needed computing 
resources from the cloud computing.

Moreover, the emerging paradigm of Mobile Edge Computing (MEC), i.e. 
micro data centers located at the edge of the network, aims at reducing 
latency and improving the user experience. Thanks to the physical 
proximity of clouds to end-user devices, sensors and actuators, context 
is a first-class citizen in MEC scenarios.

The aim of this workshop is to bridge the gap between two main research 
topics, namely context-awareness and cloud computing, and bring 
researchers together to discuss how these two rapidly expanding research 
areas can support each other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS

Topics include but are not limited to:

-Conceptual cloud architectures

-Context-aware middleware for clouds

-Context-aware cloud challenges

-Context representation and management in clouds

-Deploying context in cloud services

-Context-aware operation in clouds

-Context in micro clouds

-Context in edge clouds

-Context for intra and inter cloud networking

-Context-aware security for clouds

-Using clouds to secure context-aware apppcations

-Applications for context-aware clouds

-Quality assessment in context-aware cloud services

-Case studies

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS

Soraya Kouadri Mostéfaoui, The Open University, UK

Noura Faci, Lyon1 University, France

Federica Paganelli, Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le 
Telecomunicazioni, Italy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For additional information (e.g., submission guidelines, TPC), please 
refer to:

http://liris.cnrs.fr/~ccac2016/

-- 

Federica Paganelli, PhD
CNIT Researcher
Research Unit at the University of Florence
c/o Department of Information Engineering
via S. Marta 3
50139 Firenze
tel. +39 055 2758524
cell. +39 349 8843383
email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
webpage: http://lrst.dinfo.unifi.it/people/Paganelli/index.html