Subject: [Nfvrg] Announcing the ManSDN/NFV workshop

From: DIEGO LOPEZ GARCIA <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 12:22:34 +0000

Hi,

May be this has reached you through other ways, but anyway the goals of this workshop are essentially related to the charter of both NFVRG and SDNRG

Be goode,

**********************************************************************

                 The 3rd International Workshop on
         Management of SDN and NFV Systems (ManSDN/NFV 2016)

            November 4, 2016 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
           http://www.cnsm-conf.org/2016/sdnnfv2016.html

**********************************************************************

The third International Workshop on  Management of SDN and NFV Systems
(ManSDN/NFV 2016) will  be held in conjunction  with the International
Conference on Network and Service  Management (CNSM 2016) in Montreal,
Quebec, Canada,  October 31st -  November 4th, 2016.  The  workshop is
endorsed by  the IEEE  Technical Committee  on Network  Operations and
Management (CNOM).

Software Defined Networking (SDN) and  Network Function Virtualization
(NFV) are  two  disruptive  paradigms  that  are  shaping  the  future
networking landscape.  They bring the  promise  of  enabling  flexible
management solutions but  they also  introduce new  challenges  to the
area of network management.  Given their related nature, this workshop
seeks to bring together researchers and industry partners  to  present
and discuss interesting research results, ongoing work and experiences
concerning either or both of these paradigms.

Authors are invited to submit papers that address the paradigms of SDN
or NFV in the network management  domain.  Topics of interest include,
but are not limited to, the following:

- Design  of  architectural  building  blocks  for managing SDN and NFV
 systems
- SDN and NFV APIs and protocols
- Advances in measurement, management, security,  accounting, mobility,
 and other functions using SDN or NFV systems
- Virtualization of resources, services and functions in SDN and NFV
- Management of telco cloud computing infrastructures
- Efficient deployment of Service Function Chains (SFCs)
- Management of federated SDN/NFV infrastructures
- Dynamic migration of network functions in NFV-based systems
- Efficient network and service monitoring for SDN or NFV
- Resource management for SDN or NFV-based systems
- Automated configurations and repair
- Integration of SDN and NFV solutions
- Distributed SDN/NFV control
- Abstractions for programmable network elements
- Policy management in SDN or NFV systems
- Support for bug free Software Defined Networks
- Computing and software as a network-centric service
- Information exchange between management layers, systems, and
  components
- Integrated resource management of network and services
- Virtualization of radio network functions
- Results from techno-economic,  legal and  regulatory  studies driving
 the deployment of SDN and NFV technology
- Experience reports from management in experimental testbeds
- Transitioning existing networks to SDN
- Deployment of emerging network stacks with network virtualization
- Intent-based networking
- SDN/NFV management in 5G scenarios

Paper Submission:

Paper  submissions  must  present  original,  unpublished  research  or
experiences.  Only  original  papers  not  published  or  submitted for
publication elsewhere may be submitted. Each submission must be written
in English,  accompanied  by  a  75 to 200 words abstract  that clearly
outlines  the  scope and contributions of the paper.  There is a length
limitation of  6 pages (including title, abstract, all figures, tables,
and  references) for  regular workshop  papers,  and 4  pages for short
papers  describing  work in  progress.  Submissions  must be in IEEE 2-
column style.  Self-plagiarized papers will be rejected without further
review. Authors should submit their papers via EDAS:
http://edas.info/N22653

Proceedings:

Papers accepted for ManSDN/NFV 2016 will  be included in the conference
proceedings,  IEEE Xplore,  IFIP  database and EI Index.  IFIP and IEEE
reserve the right to  remove any  paper from the IFIP database and IEEE
Xplore if the paper is  not  presented at the workshop.  Awards will be
presented  to the best paper and  to  the  best  student paper  at  the
workshop.

Important Dates:

- Paper submission: July 17, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: August 23, 2016
- Final version of papers due: September 11, 2016
- Workshop date: November 4, 2016

Workshop Co-Chairs:

- Guillaume Doyen, Troyes University of Technology, France
- Daphne Tuncer, University College London, UK
- Diego López, Telefónica, Spain

Steering Committee:

- Marinos Charalambides, University College London, UK
- Filip De Turck, Ghent University – iMinds, Belgium
- Dorgival Guedes, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Toshio Tonouchi, NEC, Japan

--
"Esta vez no fallaremos, Doctor Infierno"

Dr Diego R. Lopez
Telefonica I+D
http://people.tid.es/diego.lopez/

e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel:    +34 913 129 041
Mobile: +34 682 051 091
----------------------------------

________________________________

Este mensaje y sus adjuntos se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario, puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial y es para uso exclusivo de la persona o entidad de destino. Si no es usted. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización puede estar prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

The information contained in this transmission is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error and then delete it.

Esta mensagem e seus anexos se dirigem exclusivamente ao seu destinatário, pode conter informação privilegiada ou confidencial e é para uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade de destino. Se não é vossa senhoria o destinatário indicado, fica notificado de que a leitura, utilização, divulgação e/ou cópia sem autorização pode estar proibida em virtude da legislação vigente. Se recebeu esta mensagem por erro, rogamos-lhe que nos o comunique imediatamente por esta mesma via e proceda a sua destruição