Subject: [Nfvrg] CFP - Deadline Extended to April 17th - Wiley IJNM Special Issue on Special Issue on Management and Orchestration of 5G Networks: from Theory to Testbed

From: Roberto Riggio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 16:26:54 +0200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Special Issue of the International Journal on Network Management (IJNM) on
Management and Orchestration of 5G Networks: from Theory to Testbed

Scope of the Special Issue

5G is the envisioned next generation of the mobile network architecture.
Several initiatives are taking place in Asia, America, and Europe in the 5G
domain such as the MOST 5G project in China, the 5G forum formed in South
Korea, the “2020 and beyond” Ad Hoc group in Japan, and the 5G
Infrastructure Public Private Partnership (5G PPP) in Europe. The emerging
common features/requirements from these worldwide activities could be
summarized as the following: faster data transfer rates, shorter latency,
availability, security, lower costs and power consumption, and high
performance even in fast mobility situations.

5G networks are expected to heavily rely on the most recent advances in
Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization
(NFV), hence offering the opportunity to build an open and innovative
platform that utilizes an eclectic combination of current and future
network architectures, technologies and scenarios. The need for an
innovative 5G network architecture, effective and advanced network
management approaches are also foundational to fulfil these requirements.

This special issue of the *International Journal of Network Management*
(IJNM) calls for advances in fundamental as well as in system and
experimentally driven research in the area of management and orchestration
of 5G networks, addressing topics such as management of SDN/NFV based
networks and services, convergence of SDN, NFV, and MEC approaches,
programmatic languages and abstractions applied to resources and service
management, and big data and analytics applied to management.

Contributions to the following topics are of specific interest, but are not
limited to:

- Analytics and big data approaches for managing 5G networks and services

- Cognitive and autonomic management & orchestration

- End-to-end mobile software networks architecture

- Programming abstractions for 5G networks

- Metadata, data and information models and semantics

- Policy-based management, including imperative, declarative (intent), and
other
paradigms

- Management of cloud, SDI, and NFV

- Management architecture, protocols and APIs for 5G networks, layers and
systems

- Advances in mobile network management and orchestration

- Dynamic service placement and management

- QoS and QoE in software defined 5G networks

- Fronthaul and backhaul integration

- Spectrum sharing

- Evaluation, testbeds and management

- Feedback on 5G experimental testbed

- Open source tools for 5G prototyping

- Emerging 5G standards

- Economic drivers for 5G technology deployment

*Submission Guidelines*

Authors must submit their papers in PDF format to
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/nem. Submissions should not exceed 20 pages
(double-space). Author instructions are available here
<
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-1190/homepage/ForAuthors.html
and the LaTeX template can be found here
<
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-1190/homepage/latex_class_file.htm
>.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed. In case of acceptance, the
camera-ready version has to take into account reviewers’ comments and must
follow the template’s requirements.

*Important Dates*

Submission Deadline: April 17th, 2017

Notification of Acceptance: July 15th, 2017

Final Version: September 15th, 2017

Camera Ready: October 15th, 2017

Publication: November 1st, 2017

*Guest Editors*

Imen Grida Ben Yahia, Orange Labs, France <imen.gridabenyahia at orange.com>
Roberto Riggio, CREATE-NET, Italy <roberto.riggio at create-net.org>
Younghan Kim, Soongsil Univerity, Korea, <younghak at ssu.ac.kr>
Christian Esteve Rothenberg, University of Campinas, <chesteve at
dca.fee.unicamp.br>
John Strassner, Huawei Technologies, USA <John.sc.strassner at huawei.com>