Subject: [Nfvrg] CALL FOR DEMONSTRATIONS - IEEE NFV-SDN 2018

From: Kurt Tutschku <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 04:13:54 +0000

CALL FOR DEMONSTRATIONS - IEEE NFV-SDN 2018

The 4th IEEE Conference on NFV-SDN

Verona, Italy
November 27-29, 2018

http://nfvsdn2018.ieee-nfvsdn.org<http://nfvsdn2018.ieee-nfvsdn.org/>

IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and ...<http://nfvsdn2018.ieee-nfvsdn.org/>
nfvsdn2018.ieee-nfvsdn.org
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networks (SDN) enable rapid network and service innovation for all participants in the ecosystem. NFV enables network capacity and functionality to be decoupled, allowing network functions to be dynamically deployed whenever they are required and wherever they can be hosted.

Submission Deadline: July 8, 2018

Dear Colleagues:

We cordially invite you to share your latest research results in the form of practical
demonstrations at the IEEE NFV-SDN 2018.

------------------------
CALL FOR DEMONSTRATIONS
------------------------

The 4th IEEE NFV-SDN conference, which will take place in Verona, invites proposals for
demonstrations to be held on November 27th, 2018. The scope of the demonstrations com-
plements the conference with practical showcases from industry on the best known
practices as well as advances currently underway in research and academia.

Demonstration contributors are expected to provide a demo proposal (up to two pages in
IEEE double column style, 10pt font) incorporating a demo system architecture
illustration and details of the elements that will be demonstrated. Demo papers will be
peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be included in the electronic conference/workshops
proceedings bundle provided to IEEE NFV-SDN 2018 delegates and will be subsequently made
available via IEEE Xplore.

The demonstrations should be configured to run in a cloud environment accessible via
Internet and presented from the exhibition space floor on the demonstrator’s laptop. At
least one author of an accepted demo is required to register for the conference at the
full or limited rate and present the demo at the IEEE NFV-SDN 2018 conference.

The demo proposals will be reviewed by the IEEE NFV-SDN 2018 program committee and will
be approved based on availability of demo space as well as on the following criteria:
• Extent and significance of the research contribution or best practices insights
• Potential impact on the audience
• Quality of the proposed implementation
• Presentation quality

Topics of interest and within the scope of IEEE NFV-SDN 2018 include the following:
• NFV and SDN Architectures
  o Advances in Control planes, forwarding abstractions and programmability paradigms
  o Analysis of new control plane architectures
  o Emerging improvements including Network Slicing and hierarchical controllers

• NFV and SDN Infrastructure and Elements
  o Improvements in design of forwarding elements, e.g. switches/routers, wireless
    systems
  o Advancements in Data Plane Programmability
  o Optimizing NFV infrastructures including hardware acceleration technologies

• NFV and SDN Operations
  o Dynamic service function chaining/orchestration and traffic steering
  o Resiliency, fault management and self-healing functions
  o Security frameworks and functions
  o Advanced tools for automated design, deployment, validation and management
  o Application of machine learning and big data analytics to manage virtualized
    networks

• Performance Analysis and Optimization
  o Data/control plane performance, interoperability and scalability studies
  o Resource dimensioning and optimization (e.g. cloud-native design), workload
    isolation and trade-offs
  o Design guidelines for modularity, scalability, high availability and
    interoperability (e.g. container and micro services implementations)

• Results and Evaluations in Application Scenarios
  o Usage scenarios such as SD-WAN, IoT, Smart Grid, Smart Cities, etc.
  o Improvements in future communication infrastructure enabled by SDN and NFV in-
    cluding RAN, evolution to 5G, public, private and hybrid clouds
  o Operations experience (e.g. lab. and field trial results)
  o New commercial models and ecosystems enabled by NFV and SDN

------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------
Demo proposal submission:       July 8, 2018
Notification of Acceptance:     September 20, 2018
Camera-ready Submission:        October 7, 2018

------------------------------------------------
PAPER FORMAT AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
------------------------------------------------

• Demo papers must be formatted in the standard IEEE double-column conference template
• Demo papers must not exceed two pages with 10pt font size
• Demo papers need to obey the same general requirements with respect to registration,
  presentation, double submission and plagiarism as full conference papers.
• Demo submissions should incorporate a demo system architecture illustration and a
  clear outline of the demo procedure. Links to a short online video clip or
  screencast showcasing the work are encouraged.
• Demo requirements should be stated.
• Demo papers should be submitted in pdf format via EDAS at:
  https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=24789&track=90936

------------------------
DEMONSTRATION CO-CHAIRS
------------------------
Andreas Kassler, Karlstad University, SWE
Sandra Scott-Hayward, Queen’s University Belfast, UK

—
Kurt Tutschku
Professor for Telecommunication Systems

Department of Computer Science and Engineering (DIDD)

Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH)
Faculty of Computing
371 79 Karlskrona, Sweden

Tel. +46 455 385872
Skype tutschku
https://www.bth.se/eng/staff/kurt-tutschku-ktt
[https://www.bth.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/kurt_tutschku-e1516290653329-500x500.jpg]<https://www.bth.se/eng/staff/kurt-tutschku-ktt>

Kurt Tutschku : BTH<https://www.bth.se/eng/staff/kurt-tutschku-ktt>
www.bth.se
Kurt Tutschku is a professor for telecommunication systems at the Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH) since 2013. His research interest include future generation networks, Cloud systems and the new European edition of the Next Generation Internet (NGI). In particular he focuses on architecture de...