Subject: [Nfvrg] ICCCN'2019 Call for Workshop Proposals (Due Nov. 9th)

From: Pub Conf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 10:51:12 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

Call for workshop proposals for the 28th International Conference on
Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN) , which will be held in
Valencia, Spain, July 29–August 1, 2019.

Submission Guidelines and Publication: In general, a workshop takes one day
with 12-16 accepted and registered papers and presentations.  Accepted and
registered (and presented by one of authors) workshop papers will be
published and included in the conference proceedings.
Please send a workshop proposal by November 9th, 2018, to Workshop General
Chairs Prof. Kewei Sha<[email-masked]> and Prof. Pietro Manzoni<
[email-masked]>.

Please note that the proposals will be reviewed once received and we will
try to make the decision and send the notification back as soon as
possible. Early-bird proposals are highly encouraged and will be given
higher priority! For each approved workshop, at least one organizer must
commit to attending and running the workshop on site. Please do not
hesitate to send emails to the Chairs if you have any questions.

The workshop proposal should include the following information: (1)
workshop title; (2) the names of the organizers (up to two program chairs),
their brief bios and contact information; (3) a description of why and how
the workshop will be organized (half to one page) e.g., relevance and
significance of the workshop to the main conference; (4) a history of the
workshop, if not being offered for the first time; (5) estimated paper
submission volume and paper acceptance rate; (6) expected attendance; (7)
length – Full day or half day; (8) indication if a journal special issue is
associated with; (9) how you will advertise to increase paper submissions;
(9) any other relevant information.

ICCCN workshops are exciting forums to present, discuss, and formulate
specialized topics and emerging hot research topics (new areas, new
problems or new methods). The topic of the proposed workshop should offer a
perspective distinct from and complementary to the research themes of the
main conference. Workshops for presenting papers from industry and papers
on design and implementations of systems and services are welcome. As the
ICCCN is a premier international conference in the field, a workshop at the
conference will generate high visibility.

We invite you to submit workshop proposals on any topic related to the
broad set of research and application areas covered by the ICCCN
conference. We welcome workshops on topics in network research, practice,
and education. The workshop format itself should favor interaction among
participants and community building. We welcome returning workshops.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:

· 5G Wireless Systems

· Edge Computing

· Networking Architectures

· Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Communications and Networks

· Internet of Things

· Big Data Networking

· Cyber Physical Systems

· Blockchain

· Mobile Cloud Computing and Services

· Critical Infrastructure Networks (e.g., Smart Grid and Vehicular Networks)

· Security and Privacy in communications, networks, and testbeds

· Social Networking and Novel Applications

· Software-Defined Radio and Software-Defined Networking

· Green communications and energy-harvesting networks

· Next Generation Broadband Wireless Access Networks

· Virtualized Infrastructure Systems and Architectures

Each workshop must start to advertise and distribute its Call-For-Paper
after receiving the approval notification. Papers submitted to each
workshop should be original and peer reviewed by its program committee (3
reviews per submitted paper is required). An accepted paper must be
registered and presented by an author at the workshop venue and must be
limited to 6 pages in standard double-column, 10pt font format. Two
additional pages are allowed with the payment of an over-length fee of
$100/page. More updates will be posted on the ICCCN 2019 website and please
refer to the Author Information at the website. Please contact the Workshop
Chairs with any questions.