Subject: [NGO] FW: [Fwd: [New-work] OMA New Work - 1 New Work Item Approved]

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:10:17 +0300

I believe that this may be of some interest. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Loa Andersson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:47 AM
To: IAB; Iesg (E-mail)
Subject: [Fwd: [New-work] OMA New Work - 1 New Work Item Approved]

FYI

/Loa

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [New-work] OMA New Work - 1 New Work Item Approved
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:06:16 +0200
From: Victoria Gray <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

Dear All,

OMA would like to inform all the organisations subscribed to the IETF
new-work list of the approval of 1 revised work item:

1 Lock and Wipe Management Object WI:

http://www.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/TP/Permanent_docu
ments/OMA-WID_0144-LAWMO-V1_0-20070410-A.zip

The overall goal of the LAWMO is, to provide Management Authorities
(e.g. Operators, Device Manufacturers and 3rd party service providers)
an effective way to help their subscribers protect their devices and
data.

Based on the above, it is proposed that the work item will address the
following areas:

1)     Support the capability to lock terminal interface functions. In
the case of lock all terminal interface functionality the terminal
should only allow: incoming calls, emergency calls and data sessions.

2)     Support capability to unlock the user interface on the device.

3)     When the phone is in the lock state the terminal must accept
remote management only from the Authorised DM Server that invoked the
Lock function in the first place. No user input will be required to
action these operations.

4)     Support capability to wipe user data from the device.

5)     Support resetting the terminal to a factory clean state. This
means clearing of memory and initialisation of the file systems and
databases in the terminal.

      6)   The LAWMO will indicate the lock, unlock or wipe operation
which needs to be executed but the actual operation

             processing and which part of user data to be locked,
unlocked or wiped is out of scope of this work item..

This work item has been allocated to the OMA DM (Device Management WG)
for specification development.

Best regards,

Victoria Gray on behalf of OMA.

Victoria Gray
FORApolis / DSO
Tel +33 (0)4 92 94 49 23
Fax +33 (0)4 92 38 49 23
GSM +33 (0)6 73 99 62 90
[email-masked]

MSN: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Yahoo!: bluevicci
Skype: victoria-gray  Google: [email-masked]

--
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                           [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
NGO mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ngo