Subject: [NGO] Call for Candidates - NETCONF WG chairs

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:47:41 +0100

A new charter for the NETCONF Working Group is right now in review. We
expect it to be approved before the Vancouver meeting. 

As you may know Andy Bierman and Simon Linen who chaired the working
group from its start express the desire to step down from their
positions of co-chairs by the time the Working Group engages in the new
phase of NETCONF. 

The ADs have decided to write down a brief profile for the WG chair(s)
and issue an open call for candidates. 

We would like you to consider this profile and either nominate yourself
or other people that you think that would fit well in this role by
sending mail to the OPS ADs.
([email-masked] and [email-masked])

We do not intend to disclose the names of the nominees in public, but we
will probably solicit for feedback with various other people. If you
have a problem with your name being mentioned in this context, pls let
us know.

Note that this profile is written for a somewhat ideal candidate. We
fully realize that such people are probably non-existent, so don't
hesitate to nominate somebody who in your opinion would fit this role
quite well but doesn't fit this profile 100%. And the intend is to
select two co-chairs that can complement each other and work together.

As for the profile:
 
- Good management and process skills, including but not limited to
  choosing and supervising editors, commitment and follow-through on
  the charter, active management of the working group discussions,
  and handling IETF process steps in prompt fashion.
- Good basic knowledge of the NETCONF protocols
- Understanding of the requirements/needs/applications of management
protocols.
- Operational background/experience is very desirable.
- Enough available time. For example, preferable not more than one
  other working chair role in IETF.
- There is no requirement that the candidate has been an IETF working
  group chair before, but it helps if there is some evidence that the
  candidate can fulfill such a role (e.g.. other management role in
  other places than IETF etc.)

We would like to receive your comments & nominations by November 16,
2007 and we plan to make a decision as soon as possible thereafter.
It will be helpful if you indicate in your nomination mail how you or
the nominated candidate fits this profile as best as possible.
 
And last but not least, we would like to thank Andy and Simon for
leading and guiding the work to develop NETCONF. Their contribution was
tremendous and we hope that they will continue to contribute to the
NETCONF WG and other related activities in the area. 

Ron and Dan

_______________________________________________
NGO mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ngo