Subject: [Nmlrg] IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking

From: Michele Zorzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 15:20:24 +0200 (CEST)

Dear colleagues,

I thought that, as members of the IRTF Network Machine Learning Research 
Group (NMLRG), you may be interested in knowing about the new IEEE 
Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking (TCCN) and in 
considering it as an appropriate venue for some of your research work in 
this area.

When I look at the charter for NMLRG and at the scope of TCCN, I see a 
very large overlap. In addition, contributions from this group will help 
us grow the Transactions from a mostly cognitive-radio-focused publication 
(which mostly involves communications and signal processing researchers) 
towards a journal with a broader participation by related communities, 
working on the application of machine learning to such areas as 
networking, protocols, higher layers, security, etc.

If you want to know more, you can find the first published issues, as well 
as the early access accepted papers, in IEEExplore at 
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentIssue.jsp?punumber=6687307

Please refer to http://www.comsoc.org/tccn for additional information, or 
feel free to contact me directly if you have any question or even just to 
express interest.

Thanks a lot,

Michele

---

Michele Zorzi
Editor-in-Chief
IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking
Department of Information Engineering, University of Padova, Italy
[email-masked]

---

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 02:51:24 +0000

Hi, Michele,

Thanks so much for your introduction of TCCN work. It is certainly relevant. I guess there are large overlap on our participatants/audiences/readers. As one of IRTF research groups, NMLRG is trying to fill the gap between pure academic research and possible future industry standards. In the future, if more authors of TCCN articles would present their works in NMLRG, together, we could accelerate the application and standardization of machine learning in network area.

Thanks and best regards,

Sheng

>-----Original Message-----
>From: nmlrg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Michele Zorzi
>Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 9:20 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Nmlrg] IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and
>Networking
>
>
>Dear colleagues,
>
>_______________________________________________
>nmlrg mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/nmlrg