Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:37:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: On path and off path signaling for NSIS
	Author(s)	: A. Couturier, O. Schelen
	Filename	: draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 27-Jun-02
	
The NSIS Work group will develop the requirements, architecture and 
protocols for the next IETF steps on signaling. Two approaches about the
signaling model have been discussed: on-path and off-path. This draft 
provides a conceptual comparison between on-path and off-path signaling 
together with reasons for why an NSIS protocol should be designed to 
support both cases.
The collection of data objects to be carried by the protocol should 
basically be the same in both cases and will evolve over time as new 
usages for NSIS protocol are identified. The differences between the 
two flavors of this NSIS protocol are then explained.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.