Subject: [NSIS] New Draft: draft-fu-rsvp-multicast-analysis-00.txt

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:33:35 +0200

Hi all, 

We have made an analysis on RSVP regarding multicast and submitted 
a new draft to the internet drafts with the following abstract:

   RSVP version 1 has been designed for optimally support multicast.
   However, in reality multicast is being used much less frequently than
   anticipated.  Still, even for unicast (one sender, one receiver)
   communication, full-fledged multicast-enabled RSVP signaling must be
   used.  As pointed out in the NSIS requirement draft, multicast would
   not be necessarily required for an NSIS signaling protocol.  This
   draft analyses ingredients of RSVP Version 1 which are affected by
   multicast, and derives how these ingredients may look like if
   multicast is not supported.  We find removing multicast capability
   from RSVP will make it and its extensions considerably more light-
   weight.

You can also download it from 

http://www-tkn.ee.tu-berlin.de/~fu/nsis/draft-fu-rsvp-multicast-analysis-00.txt

All comments are appreciated very much! 

Cheers,
Xiaoming

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis