Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-shahrier-nsis-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:36:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Bi-Directional QoS Signaling
	Author(s)	: S. Shahrier, K. Shaheen
	Filename	: draft-shahrier-nsis-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 20-Jun-02
	
This Internet Draft describes the end-to-end signaling architecture and 
framework model for transmitting packets through a series of 
heterogeneous networks. The Next-Steps-In-Signaling (NSIS) Working 
Group is already working on defining a set of requirements for the QoS 
signaling protocol [1]. This document is the follow on to the 
requirements draft, and the precursor to any solutions document. It 
outlines a   framework for transporting end-to-end QoS parameters, 
initiated and maintained by the 'Originator' of the service. 
 
This draft elaborates on the requirements draft.  It defines more 
precisely the scope of NSIS for end-to-end packet flows, in terms of  
QoS Signaling, where the resource reservations for the service are  
initiated by the ôOriginatorö end point and whether this service is bi-
directional or unidirectional (i.e., receive-only or send-only). The 
draft is fully backward compatible; it requires no changes to the 
existing QoS signaling protocols or procedures. It applysapplies 
generic messages to transport  the information needed to establish the 
desired QoS  for traffic flows in either one or both directions. This 
document can be used as the guideline for a prospective solution to the 
QoS signaling problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shahrier-nsis-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shahrier-nsis-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shahrier-nsis-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.