Subject: [NSIS] NSIS Analysis Document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:27:13 +0300

Hi all,

There has been some confusion on what the analysis document should be.  I think that
some folks think a comparison document would be applicable.

For reference, Michael Thomas did a very good analysis of RSVP and IP mobility:
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-thomas-seamoby-rsvp-analysis-00.txt

This is quite different than an evaluation, for example see:

Criteria for Evaluating AAA Protocols for Network Access
	http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2989.txt

and

Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting: Protocol Evaluation
	http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3127.txt

In summary, the goal of the analysis work is to learn from
past failure (& successes) before doing any protocol work.  It is
not meant to help select a solution.

I am hopeful that many of the folks who when through RSVP standardization,
etc. would share with us some wisdom they learned so that we can improve
upon the work already done and not make the same mistakes.

John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis