Subject: [NSIS] New framework draft

From: "Hancock, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:46:34 +0100

Hi all,

A group of us who were involved in past NSIS framework activities got together after the interim meeting to put together a joint framework document in the form of an all-new individual submission. It (roughly) follows the structure that was introduced and refined at that meeting.

==========================================================================
Abstract 
 
   The NSIS working group is considering protocol developments in 
   signaling for resources for a traffic flow along its path in the 
   network. The requirements for such signaling are being developed in a 
   separate document; This Internet Draft proposes a framework for 
   such signaling. This initial version provides a model for describing 
   the entities that take part in the signaling and the ways in which 
   they can be used in different modes of operation. It also discusses 
   the overall structure of such a signaling protocol. Finally, it 
   considers the possible interactions of NSIS signaling with other 
   protocols and functions, including security issues. 
==========================================================================

While it works its way through the i-d editor queue, you can find a copy here:
http://www.epic.roke.co.uk/epic/draft-hancock-nsis-fw-00.txt

Comments are welcome. There is a list of open issue highlights in section 3.

Cheers,

Robert Hancock

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:52:36 +0300

Hi all,

> A group of us who were involved in past NSIS framework 
> activities got together after the interim meeting to put 
> together a joint framework document in the form of an all-new 
> individual submission. It (roughly) follows the structure 
> that was introduced and refined at that meeting.

Just as an FYI, I am listed as a co-author.  I've tried to
add a certain perspective on this work.  However, I have
done this purely as an individual, not as a WG chair.
Therefor, this draft should be considered as the work
of individuals & nothing more.

thanks,
John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis