Subject: [NSIS] New I-D on framework for QoS signaling

From: "Shahrier, Sharif M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:51:58 -0400

The following draft is a framework document for QoS signaling for NSIS. We
request that it be considered for working group document.

 <<draft-shahrier-nsis-fwk-00.txt>> 

Sharif.

---

From: "rana pratap sircar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:03:41 +0530

Hi Sharif,

    I am a novice in the NSIS concept. Thus, I have a few queries :-

1. Could you give an example / scenario of an applications in which the
“Originator” of a service is solely responsible for making the necessary
reservations, authentication and their cost. How will the cost of such a
service be decided?

2. I could not understand how the connection Setup will take place in a
heterogeneous IP network (where there are multiple service providers with
complex SLA's)

    Best regards,
    Rana

"Shahrier, Sharif M." wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                                      Name: draft-shahrier-nsis-fwk-00.txt
>    draft-shahrier-nsis-fwk-00.txt    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>                                  Encoding: quoted-printable