Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-req-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:46:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Signaling Protocols
	Author(s)	: M. Brunner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-req-04.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 15-Aug-02
	
This document defines requirements for signaling across different 
network environments, where different network environments across 
administrative and technology domains. Signaling is mainly though 
for QoS such as [1], however in recent year several other 
applications of signaling have been defined such as signaling for 
MPLS label distribution [2]. To achieve wide applicability of the 
requirements, the starting point is a diverse set of scenarios/use 
cases concerning various types of networks and application 
interactions.  We also provide an outline structure for the problem, 
including related terminology. Taken with the scenarios, this allows 
us to focus more precisely on which parts of the overall problem 
need to be solved. We present the assumptions and the aspects not 
considered within scope before listing the requirements grouped 
according to areas such as architecture and design goals, signaling 
flows, layering, performance, flexibility, security, and mobility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-req-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-req-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-req-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.