Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-fw-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:39:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Next Steps in Signaling: Framework
	Author(s)	: I. Freytsis, R. Hancock
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-fw-01.txt
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 2002-11-8
	
The NSIS working group is considering protocols for signaling for 
resources for a traffic flow along its path in the network. The 
requirements for such signaling are being developed in [2]; this 
Internet Draft will propose a framework for such signaling. 
This initial version provides a model of the entities that take part 
in the signaling. It discusses the considerations that must be taken 
into account in developing the framework, particularly the structural  
options for the structure of such a protocol, and the interactions 
between NSIS and other protocols and functions, including security 
issues. Finally, it includes background material on how NSIS could 
support particular signaling applications. 
It is expected that future versions of this document will distill 
these structural options into a concrete technical framework, and 
material on particular signaling applications and deployment 
scenarios will be moved into separate NSIS applicability statements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-fw-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-fw-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-fw-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.