Subject: [NSIS] Req-Draft: Open Issue 1: Local Information Exchange

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 23:32:06 +0100

Req-Draft: Open Issue 1: Local Information Exchange
------------------------------------------

We have 2 requirements 5.3.5 and 5.4.2 about this.
What is required

a) add domain local information to NSIS protocol messages

and/or

b) allow to use NSIS messges for domain internal communication, e.g., 
coordination between several NSIS forwarders

-05 text of the two reqs

5.3.5 Local information exchange

The signaling protocol MUST be able to exchange local information between 
NSIS Forwarders located within one single administrative domain. Local 
information might, for example, be IP addresses, severe congestion 
notification, notification of successful or erroneous processing of 
signaling messages.

In some cases, the NSIS signaling protocol MAY carry identification of the 
NSIS Forwarders located at the boundaries of a domain. However, the 
identification of edge should not be visible to the end host (NSIS 
Initiator) and only applies within one administrative domain.

5.4.2 Possibility to add and remove local domain information

It SHOULD be possible for the Resource Management Function to add and 
remove local scope elements. E.g., at the entrance to a domain 
domain-specific information is added, which is used in this domain only, 
and the information is removed again when a signaling message leaves the 
domain. The motivation is in the economy of re-use the protocol for domain 
internal signaling of various information pieces. Where additional 
information is needed within a particular domain, it should be possible to 
carry this at the same time as the end-to-end information.

--------------------------------------
Dr. Marcus Brunner
Network Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd.

E-Mail: [email-masked]
WWW:    http://www.ccrle.nec.de/
Phone: +49 (0) 6221 905 11 29
personal home page: http://www.brubers.org/marcus

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis (ELN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:01:56 +0100

Hi Marcus

I agree with the modifications on the Local Information 
Exchange sections.

Best Regards,
Georgios

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus Brunner [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: vrijdag 1 november 2002 23:32
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NSIS] Req-Draft: Open Issue 1: Local Information Exchange

and/or

-05 text of the two reqs