Subject: [NSIS] IETF 55 Meeting Agenda proposal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:08:30 +0200

Hi all,

Here is my first shot at an agenda.  What I would like is to spend most of
the first session trying to get a handle on some issues, discuss how to 
procede and try to settle the requirements document.

If anyone has any issues that they feel should be discussed, please let me know.

thanks,
John

Tuesday November 19, 2002
1300-1400 Afternoon Session I

	WG Status, charter discussion - chair 30 min

	Requirements - Marcus Brunner - 30 minutes
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-req-05.txt

WEDNESDAY, November 20, 2002
0900-1130 Morning Sessions

Framework Discussion - 60 minutes
	intro - chair 10 minutes

	Next Steps in Signaling: Framework - Robert Handcock - (15 min)
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-fw-00.txt

	Trade-offs and open issues with path discovery and transport - Henning Schulzrinne - (15 min)

	A Two-Level Architecture for Internet Signaling - chair - (10 min)
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-braden-2level-signaling-01.txt

	Sender and Receiver Orientation Issues in NSIS - Robert Hancock - (10 min) 
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt 

Analysis work - 30 minutes

	Analysis of Existing Quality of Service Signaling Protocols - Jukka Manner - (10 min)
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-signalling-analysis-00.txt

	Nsis Threats - H. Tschofenig - (10min)
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-threats-00.txt

	RSVP Security Properties - H. Tschofenig - (10min)
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rsvp-sec-properties-00.txt

	Analysis of Existing QoS Solutions - TBD - (5 min)
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-demeer-nsis-analysis-03.txt 

	Analysis of Mobile IP and RSVP Interactions - TBD - (10 minutes)
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomas-nsis-rsvp-analysis-00.txt

	Discusion - (15 min)

Solutions - 30 minutes

	A Proposal for RSVPv2 - Karagiannis (10 min)
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-01.txt

	A Firewall/NAT Traversal Client for CASP - H. Tschofenig - (10 min)
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-casp-midcom-00.txt
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:41:29 +0100

I don't think we should go to solutions already.
Marcus

> 	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-casp-midcom-00
> .txt _______________________________________________
> nsis mailing list
> [email-masked]

--------------------------------------
Dr. Marcus Brunner
Network Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd.

E-Mail: [email-masked]
WWW:    http://www.ccrle.nec.de/
Phone: +49 (0) 6221 905 11 29
personal home page: http://www.brubers.org/marcus

---

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:08:20 +0100

hi marcus, hi john

i fully agree with you both that we should give a presentation of problems
and open issues which go beyond a particular solution.

my presentation aims to point to the problems of (missing) trust
relationships of in-path signaling (especially in the area of firewall
traversal). i think that these issues are also of interest for the question:
is peer-to-peer protection sufficient for nsis? it also addresses security
problems when signaling is applied only at local networks (at both access
networks).

ciao
hannes