Subject: [NSIS] next peer issue in rsvp-sec

From: "Kuntal Chowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:54:48 -0600

Hi all,
I think the Next Peer issue highlighted in the RSVP Security Properties
slide
(http://www-nrc.nokia.com/sua/nsis/ietf55/RSVP-Security-Properties.ppt) 
can be solved by adding an ERO (EXPLICIT_ROUTE object) in the RSVP-PATH
message. 
Of course the intervening network needs to understand ERO.

-Kuntal

---

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:24:42 +0100

next peer issue in rsvp-sechi Kuntal

the intention of this slide was to illustrate that the rsvp path message is
(with some modification) also a means to provide next-peer discovery.

if you already know the next peer then you might be able to use the correct
security association (and therefore the key).

additionally a problem is the fact that a router must allows expect to
receive a error message from somewhere indicating that a security
verification failure occurred. without knowning the topology you cannot even
restrict the nodes where these error messages have to come from.

ciao
hannes

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Kuntal
Chowdhury
  Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 6:55 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [NSIS] next peer issue in rsvp-sec

  Hi all,

  -Kuntal