Subject: [NSIS] Updated: draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-01

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:27:35 +0100

Hi,

a new version of the draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig was just submitted by
Olov to the I-D repository. The draft has undergone major revisions (it
is hopefully less solution-oriented) and was adapted to the new terms
path-coupled/path-decoupled.

Until it is published by the Internet-Drafts editor
you can get it from:

http://www.operax.com/drafts/draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-01.txt
or
http://www.tm.uka.de/doc/2002/draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-01.txt

Title: "Path-coupled and Path-decoupled Signaling for NSIS"
Abstract:
   The NSIS Work group will develop the requirements, architecture and
   protocols for the next IETF steps on signaling.  Two approaches for a
   signaling model have been discussed: path-coupled and path-decoupled
   (previously denoted as on-path and off-path).  This draft provides a
   conceptual comparison between path-coupled and path-decoupled
   signaling together with reasons for why an NSIS protocol should be
   designed to support both cases.  The collection of data objects to be
   carried by the protocol should basically be the same in both cases
   and will evolve over time as new usages for NSIS protocol are
   identified.  The differences between the two flavors of this NSIS
   protocol are then explained.

-- 
Roland Bless -- e-Mail: [email-masked] WWW: http://www.tm.uka.de/~bless
Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe, Germany  

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis