Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-nslp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:15:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Proposal for RSVPv2-NSLP
	Author(s)	: L. Westberg et al.
	Filename	: draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-nslp-00.txt
	Pages		: 101
	Date		: 2003-4-17
	
The Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVPv1) has been on the standards
track within the IETF for a number of years. During that time, the
level of vendor support and deployment has been relatively slow,
despite the demand for technologies offering services with different
levels of quality of service to their customers. This memo seeks to
initiate a dialog about the design of a new version of RSVPv1, called
RSVPv2, that meet the requirements formulated by IETF NSIS working
group. It also outlines the motivation for using RSVP2 as 'next step
in signaling'.
The RSVPv2 framework uses the layer-split architecture separating
signaling application and transport functions. This concept was
adopted by NSIS WG and the two layers are called NSLP NSIS Signaling
Layer Protocol (NSLP) and NSIS Transport Layer Protocol (NTLP). This
draft provides design guidelines and specifications for the
development of the RSVPv2 NSLP part.
RSVP2-NSLP offers increased modularity and contains less mandatory
objects compared to RSVPv1, which allow lightweight implementation
and flexible application. The new protocol is extended with PHR and
PDR objects that makes it possible to use the protocol in different
part of multi-domain networks and use the protocol in DiffServ
environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-nslp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-nslp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-nslp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.