Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-hancock-nsis-overload-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:33:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Handling Overload Conditions in the NSIS Protocol 
                          Suite
	Author(s)	: R. Hancock et al.
	Filename	: draft-hancock-nsis-overload-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-6-19
	
The NSIS working group is considering protocols for signaling for 
resources for a traffic flow along its path in the network. The 
requirements for such signaling are being developed in [2] and a 
framework in [3]. The framework describes a 2-layer protocol 
architecture, with a common lower NSIS 'transport' layer protocol 
(NTLP) supporting a variety of upper layer NSIS signaling layer 
protocols (NSLPs). 
It is an open issue where within this architecture to place the 
responsibility for handling overload conditions. These conditions 
relate both to overload of the IP layer itself, as well as overload 
of buffer/processing resources within the NTLP/NSLPs. This note 
discusses the requirements and the implications of various 
approaches, and proposes a way forwards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-overload-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hancock-nsis-overload-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-overload-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.