Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-alfano-aaa-qosreq-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:52:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for a QoS AAA Protocol
	Author(s)	: F. Alfano et al.
	Filename	: draft-alfano-aaa-qosreq-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-6-24
	
This document describes requirements for a protocol that would 
perform Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting for Quality-of-
Service reservations.  This protocol would be used by elements along 
the path of a given application flow to authenticate a reservation 
request, ensure that the reservation is authorized, and to account 
for resources used during the life of the application flow.  A QoS 
AAA protocol should also support dynamic authorization of QoS as a 
function of application and account state.  While we assume the 
existence of some QoS reservation protocol to allow endpoints to 
request QoS from network elements, complete requirements for such a 
protocol are outside the scope of this document and a QoS AAA 
protocol could be used to support more than one kind of reservation 
protocol.  A QoS AAA protocol could be used between any bearer-level 
network element that lies along the path of an application flow and 
an application server that lies anywhere in the network, allowing for 
a wide variety of flexible service deployment models.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alfano-aaa-qosreq-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-alfano-aaa-qosreq-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-alfano-aaa-qosreq-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:19:50 -0500

Hi,

We hope everyone who is interested in QoS/AAA has a chance to read the
draft we have just submitted.

Our work is definitely related to the 2 drafts-tschofenig that have
been posted on the NSIS group (apologies for not acknowledging this
explicitly in the draft, but we found them only recently and are still
reading them).  However, our work focuses more on the requirements for
a AAA protocol rather than requirements for NSIS.  Also, we are trying
to set forth in our draft what we think is the proper relationship
between NSIS/RSVP, AAA, and call control protocols like SIP.

Please read/comment!

-Pete

 > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alfano-aaa-qosreq-00.txt

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis