Subject: [NSIS] IETF 57 short summary

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:00:51 +0300

Hi all,

Here is a short summary of the NSIS meeting, with a longer version to follow.
Please review this.  If anyone feels that the consensus reached in the meeting
is in error, or disagrees with the consensus, please comment.

thanks,
John

NSIS met for 2 sessions at IETF 57, the highlights of the meeting are as follows:

There was discussion of 2 I-Ds for NSIS Transport Protocol:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-nsis-ntlp-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shore-ntlp-00.txt
Some techinical details were discussed.  The summary of the discussion was that
there is sufficient commonality between the two proposals, should merge draft. Areas 
of disagreement to be left as open issues with discussion on mailing list. Will organize 
open design team conference calls as needed.

Hannes Tschofenig discussed 4 drafts on ecurity, Threats & Authorization issues.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-threats-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rsvp-sec-properties-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-qos-authz-issues-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-sid-00.txt

The NSIS threats document was in WG last call, Hannes will reissue the draft
and the WG chair will review the draft to see if it is ready for AD review.  RSVP
Security Properties draft is nearly ready for WGLC.  The other drafts raised
issues which should be discussed during protocol design phase.

Robert Hancock discussed the Next Steps in Signaling Framework.  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-fw-03.txt

The WG felt that the draft is in good shape, and WGLC should start once the
draft is reissued.

Xiaoming Fu discussed an individual draft, Mobility Support in NSIS 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fu-nsis-mobility-00.txt

Consensus was that work will continue on this, on an individual basis

Jukka Manner discussed Analysis of Existing Signaling Protocols  

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-signalling-analysis-02.txt

There are a few open issues with the draft, Jukka will contact Michael Thomas
to see about including comments from his draft on mobility, and re-issue the
draft.

Robert Hancock presented a proposal for NSIS QoS Application Protocol. This
discussion was a combined discussion of 3 proposals.  The WG agreed that
moving forward on this item is important, and the authors of the proposals
will work together to produce a -00 version as a WG document.  Sven van den
Bosch will prepare a timetable (roadmap, review teams, open issue list, 
needs for telephone conferences, etc.) for the work.

Marcus Brunner discussed a proposal for a NSIS Middle Box Signaling Application 
Protocol

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brunner-nsis-midcom-ps-00.txt

The working group felt that this was a good document, and should be a WG
item.  Marcus will work on preparing a timetable (roadmap, review teams, 
open issue list, needs for telephone conferences, etc.) for the work.

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis