Subject: RE: [NSIS] authorization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:24:04 +0300

Hi Melinda,

> I think that if you asked me today (which you did), I
> wouldn't do any authorization at the NTLP layer.  I'm not
> sure if it's meaningful.  It seems to me that the questions
> that would be asked are either "may I send you a packet?"
> and/or "may I send you an NSLP payload?," neither of which,
> I think, would be or even could be properly answered by
> NTLP.  It wouldn't be very difficult to convince me to
> change my mind on this, but right now it seems that it's the
> wrong question for NTLP.

That makes sense, for example, for AAA services, the transport
protocol is not authorized; it is the AAA protocol (RADIUS,
Diameter) where the authorization takes place.

John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis