Subject: [NSIS] mobility-related requirements from nsis-req-08

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:13:30 +0200

Hi all,

As John suggested, I tried to sort out requirements (out of nsis-req-08) 
which are related to mobility and hope they helpful for related discussions:

    5.2 Signaling Flows...............................................10
    5.2.2 NSIS MUST support path-coupled and MAY support path-decoupled
    signaling.........................................................11
==>  relates to different handling of MIP IP-in-IP encapsulation (tunnel).

    5.3 Messaging.....................................................11
    5.3.1 Explicit erasure of state MUST be possible..................12
==> related to explicit teardown of obsoleted branch. Maybe a flag to 
indicate whether to do explicit teardown.

    5.4 Control Information...........................................13
    5.4.3 State MUST be addressed independent of flow identification..14
==> mobility support may make use of this requirement.

    5.5 Performance...................................................15
    5.5.1 Scalability.................................................15
==> NSIS "MUST be scalable in number of hand-offs in mobile 
environments." This can be related to, e.g., capability of dealing with 
pingpong, fast movement.

    5.6 Flexibility...................................................16
    5.6.2 Flexibility in the placement of the NSIS Initiator/Responder16
==> somehow related to the issue of either MN or CN as data sender.

    5.8 Mobility......................................................19
    5.8.1 Allow efficient service re-establishment after handover.....19
==> effectively establish states in new path due to handover.

    5.9 Interworking with other protocols and techniques..............19
    5.9.1 MUST interwork with IP tunneling............................19
==> IP-in-IP encapsulation is one type of IP tunnels

    5.9.2 MUST NOT constrain either to IPv4 or IPv6...................19
==> should be able to work with both Mobile IPv4 protocols and Mobile 
IPv6 protocols.

    5.9.5 SHOULD work with seamless handoff protocols.................20
==> e.g., CTP

Cheers,
Xiaoming

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis