Subject: RE: thoughts on reiiable transport RE: [NSIS] Reliable Transport for NTLP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:25:43 +0300

Hi Henning,

Rather than re-hash history & noting that the IETF has trouble
with revisiting decisions, or maybe it is better to say that the
IETF often revisions decisions that should have been long decided,
I propose:

> Some of us have different opinions on these requirements and claim to 
> have described clear use cases for these items. Maybe that's not been 
> clear or convincing enough, but I don't think it helps to deny that the 
> attempts have been made or not at least to refer to those discussions.

No rehashing the discussions, but rather working forward. In the NTLP &
NSLP documents, we should at least have short appendicies that state
what the protocol does with a summary reason or pointer to existing
documentation.  I don't intend these to be long appendicies, but just
nearly like an issue tracker that is carried around with the document
in the early stages.

John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis