Subject: RE: [NSIS] Reliable Transport for NTLP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:44:51 +0300

Hi Georgios & Henning,

> Regarding the reliability issues, I think that the Melinda`s proposal 
> which was stated during the NSIS meeting of Monday, was right.
> In order to make a decission on if per-hop realibility of some 
> NTLP messages is needed, a motivation of its use is needed. 
> 
> Please note that in environments where performance in terms of delay 
> is important, per-hop reliability (due to its complexity) is of less
> importance.

Point of procedure.  I am working from the assumption that we are
working on (some) solutions where per-hop reliability is not needed,
therefore NTLP should be able to run in a mode without per-hop 
reliability.  This is consistent with our updated charter, which 
states:

	The intention is to re-use, where appropriate, the protocol
	mechanisms of RSVP, while at the same time simplifying it 
	and applying a more general signaling model.  

Please note that our updated charter is approved, there has just been
some difficulties with the IETF Secretariat at posting the updated
charter.

br,
John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:49:40 +0200

> working on (some) solutions where per-hop reliability is not needed,

Strong emphasis on "some"

> reliability.  

I think nobody is against it and both proposals on the table do it.

Marcus