Subject: [NSIS] Comment on draft-westberg-nsis-rsvp-as-ntlp-01.txt

From: "Avella, Alejandro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:58:36 -0600

from draft-westberg-nsis-rsvp-as-ntlp-01.txt
" The Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVPv1) has been on the standards
   track within the IETF for a number of years.  During that time, the
   level of vendor support and deployment has been relatively slow,
   despite the desire of many to deploy technology to deliver services
   with different levels of quality of service (QoS) to their customers.
   The reasons for this are arguably well-understood and documented and
   are not the focus of this memo."

Are the QoS deployment issues described correctly on this document? Or is
document out-of-date?
[RFC2990] G. Huston, Next Steps for the IP QoS Architecture, November 2000.
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2990.txt?number=2990

If that is the case, this document maybe a good reference to your draft.  As
you said, the reasons are probably 
well-understood.  It would be nice to have a pointer with documentation for
the reasons of
slow QoS deployment though.

Cheers,

Alejandro Avella

*************************************************************************
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files, or previous
e-mail messages attached to it may contain information that is 
confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended 
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the 
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not 
read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing,
distribution, or use of any of the information contained in or 
attached to this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the 
sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original 
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving them 
in any manner.  Thank you.
*************************************************************************