Subject: RE: [NSIS] authorization

From: "Geib, Ruediger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:51:39 +0200

John,

|What I think we need to discuss & decide upon are the following:
|
|1) Security & robustness to DoS attacks at both the NTLP & NSLP layers.

Agreed. Addition: NTLP must not enable new types of DoS attacks.

|2) Authentication & Authorization issues for services.  
|
|My gut feeling is that the AA issues would be most appropriate 
|to handle at the NSLP layer.

I'd prefer to have some lightweight authentication at NTLP. A message 
digest based on a shared secret would be nice. That's why I think 
discovery and "keep alive" of upstream and downstream NTLP 
adjacencies is important. 
Route changes are an issue with this. But I'd rather try to solve 
the latter than drop the former.

Regards, Rüdiger

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis