Subject: Re: [NSIS] RE: Crossover node discovery issue

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 07:52:40 +0300 (EEST)

(retry 1, first post was rejected...?)

Hi,

about the definition of x-over router, following an RSVP-style of 
definition, the cross-over router would be defined (only?) mainly for 
situations where a new session id/state is being established. At least for 
RSVP, the cross-over router is only meaningful when a router receives a 
Path message and notices that an existing PSB (almost) matches the 
incoming message, but in incoming interface differs. Thus, for NSIS, this 
would be something along "the NSLP aware node which, for a given incoming 
new session establishment (or session change request) from interface 
newIF, already has the session information stored on one or more different 
incoming interfaces. In other words, the newly arrived message identifies 
a new incoming interface for an existing session." (change "interface" 
for "NE", if you like).

Regards,
Jukka

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis