Subject: [NSIS] RFC 3583 on Requirements of a Quality of Service (QoS) Solution for Mobile IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:24:20 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3583

        Title:      Requirements of a Quality of Service (QoS)
                    Solution for Mobile IP
        Author(s):  H. Chaskar, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22541
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-qos-requirements-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3583.txt

Mobile IP ensures correct routing of packets to a mobile node as the
mobile node changes its point of attachment to the
Internet.  However, it is also required to provide proper Quality of
Service (QoS) forwarding treatment to the mobile node's packet stream
at the intermediate nodes in the network, so that QoS-sensitive IP
services can be supported over Mobile IP.  This document describes
requirements for an IP QoS mechanism for its satisfactory operation
with Mobile IP.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.