Subject: RE: [NSIS] WG Last Call on "Analysis of Existing Quality of Service Signaling Protocols"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:29:13 +0200

Hi all,

Before the document can be sent to the AD, I would at least need some
people to comment that they have read the document, they think it
is useful & should go forward.

thanks,
John

> I did not see any comments during the Last Call period. Does this mean 
> that the document is ready to advance, or that nobody really cared?
> 
> Cheers,
> Jukka
> 
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> > Hello all,
> > 
> > I would like to start a 2 week WG last call on the analysis document.  
> > The current version can be found here:
> > 
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-signalling-analysis-03.txt
> > 
> > The WGLC will run from December 11th to December 24th. I'll leave it up
> > to the draft editor to co-ordinate issue tracking, etc.
> > 
> > thanks,
> > John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:52:57 +0200 (EET)

Dear all,

I believe the document is a very good overview of RSVP, its good and bad
sides as seen from the point of view of the networks and services
available today. The draft actually documents the reasons why the base
RSVP does not solve the problems people have, and what extensions the IETF
and other groups have designed to enhance the base RSVP. Without such an
overview where do we draw the conclusion from that RSVP is not enough? The
additional material about other protocols is valuable material, too, and
shows some ideas people have had, and what might be learned from them.

I think the engineering world at least needs a single document that 
analyzes RSVP from a more or less objective point of view.

Regards,
Jukka