Subject: [NSIS] TLS for datagram protocols

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:51:54 +0100

hi all, 

some of you might have noticed that e. rescorla has published a proposal of
tls for datagram protocols. this would solve some problems we had with the
different transport layer protocols with regard to the offered security
mechanisms. although it does not solve some of our problems (not surprising)
i think it is a good input and it might be helpful.

the draft is available at: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rescorla-dtls-00.txt

btw, in this context the use of shared keys in the tls protocol might also
be of interest: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-sharedkeys-02.txt

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:39:06 +0200

Hi Hannes,

I agree, this makes things decidedly nicer for NSIS work.  

BTW - what is the current status of the Threats & Security Properties doc?

John