Subject: [NSIS] RE: rsvp doi draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 06:18:26 +0100 (MET)

hi hannes,

i see two approaches:
 -you define a new doi (as in your draft)
 -you only define a new protocol-id in the ipsec doi

in the second one, it will be easier if you want to change from one
security protocol (prococol-id) to the others, and it reduces the database
for two doi (in the second approach). i've discussed with ibrahim the
tls/ssl, it seems that he follows the second. however, for the other
reasons, i agree the first is more reasonable.

in the msec wg, i see the value doi=2 is used for group multicase doi. i'm
interested in this approach and i think you might like it.

cheers,

Nary Tra
ENST,Paris

thanks for making me aware of these documents. i have asked the authors to
send me a copy and they did it. i have read these two document to address
your question. you asked whether it would be possible to register a new doi
value only (without anything else) - if i remember it correctly.

after reading the paper i must conclude that the approach for writing a doi
seems to be reasonable. the authors of the above-mentioned papers also
follow the same approach as we did it. their intention is, however,
different.

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis