Subject: [NSIS] Requirements for handling multiple paths in NSIS signaling

From: Takako Sanda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:36:20 +0900

Hi,

We have updated a draft "Path type support for NSIS signaling".
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-03.txt

In this version, problems and requirements for handling the case one
session has multiple paths, such as multihoming and Mobile IP RO, are
cleared.

We would like to discuss if the problems and requirements described in
this draft would be useful for NSIS study, especially for
mobility/multihoming support in NSIS.

abstract:
   NSIS state management needs to track data path changes and update the
   states along the affected data paths.  However, in certain scenarios,
   there are multiple concurrent paths involved in the communication.
   In this case, the normal NSIS scheme does not provide sufficient
   support for the state manipulation.  Therefore, extra functionality
   for data path identification and distinction is necessary.  In
   current Internet, with the increasing use of multi-homing devices and
   the employment of Mobile IP, the above issue is getting more
   prominent.  This draft discusses in detail the problems and issues
   involved in the NSIS state management relevant to the data path
   differentiation.  Specific scenarios for multi-homing and Mobile IP
   route optimization are studied.  Potential solution and its impacts
   on current NSIS protocol design are discussed as well.

BR,
Takako

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis