Subject: [NSIS] NATFW issue 39: REA-PROXY race condition between RESPONSE and requested CREATE

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:34:27 +0200

Hi,

I suggest to close issue 39 (REA-PROXY race condition between
RESPONSE and requested CREATE,
<https://kobe.netlab.nec.de/roundup/nsis-natfw-nslp/issue39>).

Proposed text is:
There is a possible race condition between the RESPONSE message to the REA-
PROXY and the CREATE message generated by the edge-NAT.  The CREATE message
can arrive earlier than the RESPONSE message. An NI+ MUST accept CREATE
messages generated by the edge-NAT even if the RESPONSE message to the
REA-PROXY request was not received.

Note: The NI+ is able to recognize an edge-NAT generated CREATE through
the presence of the NATFW_NONCE object. The NATFW_NONCE object echoes
a value chosen by the NI+.

The proposed text has been already included in draft -07 of the
NATFW NSLP.

  Martin

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis