Subject: [NSIS] authorizing query messages

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 08:56:32 +0200

hi all,

as part of our work on the diameter-qos application and the radius-qos 
draft we came across the aspect of authorizing individual types of 
actions taken by the qos signaling protocol. from discussions in the 
past i remember that people wanted to authorize query messages as well. 
when we come to the concrete details we are not quite sure what it 
actually means. what would be the authorization decision regarding the 
query message people have in mind?

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:23:43 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I would expect that in certain networks, not everybody may query the 
network of available resources. Thus, there could be need to include an 
auhtorization token, or ask from a Diameter server whether the node 
sending the query is allowed to do that.

Cheers,
Jukka

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

> hi all,
> 
> as part of our work on the diameter-qos application and the radius-qos draft
> we came across the aspect of authorizing individual types of actions taken by
> the qos signaling protocol. from discussions in the past i remember that
> people wanted to authorize query messages as well. when we come to the
> concrete details we are not quite sure what it actually means. what would be
> the authorization decision regarding the query message people have in mind?
> 
> ciao
> hannes
> 
> 
>