Subject: [NSIS] New update of the Metering NSLP drafts

From: Ali Fessi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:18:43 +0100

Dear all,

we have submitted new versions of the Metering NSLP drafts:

"Framework for Metering NSLP":

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fessi-nsis-m-nslp-framework-02.txt

and "NSLP for Metering Configuration Signaling":

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dressler-nsis-metering-nslp-03.txt

The framework document is pretty stable now. For the protocol document, 
we are still working on it.

One of the issues that we've been discussing has been the "flow 
specification" for the measurement. This reminds me to the thread 
currently discussed in the nsis mailing list about the 
"PACKET_CLASSIFIER in QSPEC".

Please note that for the Metering NSLP, we currently have an object 
called <FlowSpecification> in the MSPEC and came to similar problems:

- whether the flow spec should be related to the MRI? if yes, then how? 
- or could the <FlowSpecification> be independant of the MRI?
- which scenarios would be meaningful for such a "multiple packet 
classifier"?
- which complexity do we have through a "flexible" flow spec, e.g. 
concerning NAT traversal and authorizing Metering NSLP messages.

I'll unfortunately not be able to attend the meeting in Vancouver, but 
i'm sure there will be some intersting discussions on these issues! ;-)

Cheers,
ali.
-- 
Ali Fessi
University of Tuebingen, Germany

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis