Subject: [NSIS] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-nsis-vertical-interface-01.txt

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:48:21 -0500

Hi All,

Please review and comment on the updated 'User Application-to-User Plane
Vertical Interface' I-D at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-nsis-vertical-interface-01
.txt.

The updates include the following:

1. incorporates John Loughney's comments to remove technology specifics
such as DSTE, ETS, etc., and to emphasize when vertical interface
protocol (VIP) and NSIS signaling takes place in relation to application
layer signaling
2. updated Section 3 with a call flow example

Open issues include:

1. the I-D proposes that NSIS QoS-NSLP would be an appropriate basis for
the VIP.  Future updates will specific any needed NSIS extensions to
support VIP.

Please review and comment.

Thanks,
Regards,
Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-nsis-vertical-interface-01.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: User Application-to-User Plane Vertical
Interface
	Author(s)	: J. Ash, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ash-nsis-vertical-interface-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-10-24
	
This draft describes a mechanism to map QoS requirements from the
   User application layer down to the user plane to create an NSIS
   session.  This 'vertical signaling interface' between the user
   application layer and user plane is needed to communicate these QoS
   requirements, such as bandwidth, flow priority values, etc. to user
   plane network elements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-nsis-vertical-interface-01
.txt

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis