Subject: [NSIS] QSPEC-T: Questions and minor bugs

From: Matthias Friedrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:03:15 +0100

Hi,

I've got some questions about the QSPEC Template. Mostly they are due
to minor issues in the spec that should probably be fixed.

* What will the version number for the finished standard be?

* There is nothing said about how the length field of QSPEC Objects work.
  I assume they are excluding the header. The length fields of the
  pre-defined parameters indicate that it's without headers, but it is
  never said explicitly.

* I guess there is no use in empty QSPECs or empty QSPEC Objects.
  Shouldn't the spec forbid them?

* What about duplicate objects or parameters? It seems like it was
  intended to have unique object types and unique parameter IDs (per
  object). This is nice and easy to implement because you can store
  objects or parameters in arrays or hash tables.
  However, this seems not to be true for the "Reservation Priority"
  parameter. I'd suggest to make this parameter's length variable and
  allow multiple (Admission Priority, RPH Namespace, RPH Priority)
  triples in one parameter.

* I'm not sure why parameter IDs have been reassigned. When they were
  starting with 1, errors were easier to detect. Now 0x00000000 looks
  like a very broken "Non QOSM Hop" parameter.
  This is also true for objects. 0x00000000 is a perfectly legal
  "Control Information" object (unless we prohibit empty objects).

  In any case: Bandwidth and Slack Term shouldn't have the same ID and
  the IDs in the Token Bucket section are inconsistent (text vs. diagram).

* Section 5.1 is outdated: The QSPEC Procedure Identifier is no longer
  a parameter.

Thanks for reading,
	Matthias

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis