Subject: [NSIS] End node detection in GIST for Messages relayed on behalf of the NSLP?

From: Thomas Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:27:00 +0100

Hi, together,

as a result of having implemented the GIST level relaying on behalf of the 
NSLP, it occured to me, that if we are on the End Node of the flow and NSLP 
would indicate to "relay", the message would basically "cycle", i.e. the NSLP 
would get it delivered again and again. (if it is the actual flow endpoint, 
if it is the last GIST hop and the flow endpoint is not GIST-aware, it would 
simply be lost)

Is a NSLP supposed to do no such nonsense (it should know it is the end node), 
or is GIST supposed to do End Node detection in this case also (as it does 
for pure GIST relaying if there is no NSLP for the message)?

GIST could do End Node detection and provide a MessageStatus for the message, 
but there is no status code defined yet for such an event.

Or GIST could deliver the message again (being relayed to itself, it will come 
back) and NSLP could then detect that it is the actual End Node by the fact 
of receiving a already relayed Message?

Cheers, Thomas

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis