Subject: [NSIS] GIST Late State Insallation: Does Responding NSLP wait for NetworkNotification?

From: Thomas Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:35:19 +0100

Hi all, 

I am currently in the phase of testing and validating our GIST implementation, 
for which I am able to use the GistPing tool of the folks from Goettingen 
which currently proves to work just fine as a lightweight testing NSLP.

So far, I am now facing the task of validating our Late State Installation 
mechanism, so a thought occured to me:

Does the Responding Node's NSLP have to wait for a NetworkNotification after 
having told GIST to establish backwards routing state until it sends back 
messages itself?

I see the problem in using Late State Installation in the case, the RN NSLP 
wants to directly answer to a received incoming Message.

GIST discards any information about the Flow after having sent the response, 
thus a SendMessage from the Responding NSLP prior to the final State Setup 
would lead to an upstream Query to be sent.

This would be a severe problem. So I think the Responding Node's NSLP should 
wait after receiving/answering the initial RecvMessage for the 
NetworkNotification which tells it that state is set up!

Has this been covered in the NSLP draft?

Currently (draft-08), we are signaling "Route changed, status XY" and "Last 
Node" via NetworkNotifications. I think, this should be extended by "Route 
initially set up", because in this case, there is no Route changed and the 
information that the messaging path is available should be also vital to a 
NSLP?

Can someone clarify this?

Cheers, Thomas

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis