Subject: [NSIS] design options for diagnostics functions

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 06:56:45 +0100

Hi all,

We have incorporated discussions with some NSIS folks and put down some 
thoughts on design options for diagnostics functions in a document. 
Before the ietf queue is reopened, you may find it in the following URL:
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~fu/nsis/diagnostics/draft-fu-nsis-diagnostics-nslp-00.txt
(sorry for being late)

Abstract:
    The Next Steps in Signaling protocol suite aims to provide a way to
    communicate with network intermediaries.  As such, it is desirable to
    offer generic diagnostics function for NSIS users and system
    administrators to make the functionality provided by the network more
    transparent (e.g., to identify particular NSLPs, to determine to
    which degree the network supports NSIS, GIST state or specific NSLP
    session information along a given path).

    Instead of suggesting one specific solution we highlight the
    different design options of some simple, stateless diagnostics
    functions from a querying node to a responding node.  These
    preliminary thoughts should help the working group to have a more
    structure discussion in this problem space.

Your suggestions and comments are very appreciated.

Best regards,
Xiaoming

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis