Subject: RE: [NSIS] NSIS next steps

From: "Hancock, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:39:48 +0100

john,
 
as well as the 3 topics you list (which are certainly at/near the top of
my list of priorities), there are a couple of other areas I would
highlight:
 
firstly, there is stuff that the WG needs to do support the current set
of specs. this would include:
- the extensibility document
- NAT traversal specification
- hannes'/pasi's GIST security document
all these topics came up to a greater or lesser extent in Magnus' GIST
review.
 
secondly, i'd like to register interest for the 'MRM patterns' document,
although this is clearly a longer term activity.
 
finally, people might also like to be aware of
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mipshop/draft-hancock-mipshop-gist-for-mih-00.t
xt, which is a proposal to use GIST as a basis for the common protocol
functions needed for 802.21 support. it's on the mipshop agenda for
Montreal.
 
cheers,
 
robert h.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: 30 June 2006 06:40
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [NSIS] NSIS next steps

	Hi all,

	Below is a cut & paste (with slight editing) from
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/ showing the individual drafts that are
active for NSIS.

	I believe that we have had interest in at least the Partly
De-coupled Signaling, Controlled Load QoS Model & the Meeting NSLP work.
These are (at least) the intial set of drafts that we would be
considering to add to the charter after we complete our milestones.
Some of these may require us to modify our current charter.

	I'd like the working group to comment on the drafts, indicating
what is your priority for completing.  If there are items that you feel
are not a priority, please let me know.

	We will talk more about this in Montreal.

	thanks,

	John

	draft-cordeiro-nsis-hypath-00.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-cordeiro-nsis-hypath-00.txt>  -00
2006-03-01 14:53  

	draft-dressler-nsis-metering-nslp-04.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-dressler-nsis-metering-nslp-04.txt>
-04 new 2006-06-28 21:21  

	draft-fessi-nsis-m-nslp-framework-03.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-fessi-nsis-m-nslp-framework-03.txt>
-03 new 2006-06-28 21:19  

	draft-fu-nsis-diagnostics-nslp-01.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-fu-nsis-diagnostics-nslp-01.txt>
-01 2006-03-16 02:07  

	draft-fu-nsis-qos-nslp-statemachine-04.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-fu-nsis-qos-nslp-statemachine-04.tx
t>  -04 new 2006-06-28 21:00  

	draft-hancock-nsis-pds-problem-03.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-hancock-nsis-pds-problem-03.txt>
-03 2006-03-09 02:07  

	draft-kappler-nsis-qosmodel-controlledload-04.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-kappler-nsis-qosmodel-controlledloa
d-04.txt>  -04 new 2006-06-26 20:25  

	draft-loughney-nsis-ext-02.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-loughney-nsis-ext-02.txt>  -02
2006-03-16 02:07  

	draft-manner-nsis-nslp-auth-01.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-manner-nsis-nslp-auth-01.txt>  -01
2006-06-22 19:55  

	draft-pashalidis-nsis-gimps-nattraversal-03.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-pashalidis-nsis-gimps-nattraversal-
03.txt>  -03 new 2006-06-26 18:41  

	draft-stiemerling-nsis-mrm-patterns-00.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-stiemerling-nsis-mrm-patterns-00.tx
t>  -00 2006-06-20 20:22  

	draft-thiruvengadam-nsis-mip6-fw-04.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-thiruvengadam-nsis-mip6-fw-04.txt>
-04 new 2006-06-29 17:47  

	draft-tommasi-nsis-semipro-00.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-tommasi-nsis-semipro-00.txt>  -00
2006-02-22 17:15  

	draft-tschofenig-nsis-gist-security-01.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-tschofenig-nsis-gist-security-01.tx
t>  -01 new 2006-06-28 20:58  

	draft-werner-nsis-natfw-nslp-statemachine-03.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-werner-nsis-natfw-nslp-statemachine
-03.txt>  -03 new 2006-06-28 19:41  

	draft-zhang-nsis-interdomain-qosm-02.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nsis/draft-zhang-nsis-interdomain-qosm-02.txt>
-02 new 2006-06-26 13:56  

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Marcus Brunner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:27:02 +0200

Robert, all,
 
> secondly, i'd like to register interest for the 'MRM patterns'
document, although this is clearly a longer term activity. 
 
Glad to hear your interrest. You might be right with that it is longer
term, however, I think depending on how serious you are about GIST being
generalized you have to down that path. AS we have seen that two NSLPs
defined used a slightly different way, other signalling applications
might have some different requirements as well.

Mrcus

---

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 13:54:18 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

All work on securing the NSIS architecture are on the top of my list. In
addition, the PDS, MRM patterns, Controlled Load QOSM, metering work, NAT
traversal and mobility related items are things I'd like to be further
developed and where I could give a helping hand.

Jukka