Subject: [NSIS] Traversal of GIST-aware NATs & traversal of legacy NATs

From: "Pashalidis, Andreas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:52:08 +0200

Hello WG,

Recent mailing list discussions and rechartering discussions at the
IETF66
( see, for example, slide 8 of
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/slides/nsis-6.ppt )
indicate that the traversal of legacy NATs, as well as the traversal of
GIST-aware
NATs in the context of non-NATFW NSLP signalling are topics that should
be
addressed with a relatively high priority.

Two relevant documents are now available that address each of the above
problems

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pashalidis-nsis-gist-legacynat
s-00.txt [new!]

and

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pashalidis-nsis-gimps-nattrave
rsal-03.txt

Unfortunately, I did not the a chance to present the above documents at
the meeting
due to insufficient time. Nevertheless, I think that the time is right
to gauge the
WG's interest in the documents. Hence: Are you comfortable with
accepting these documents
as WG items once there is enough space on the charter?

Best Regards,
Andreas

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis