Subject: [NSIS] GIST and dead peer

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:15:31 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

While doing the work on the mobility applicability, we have raised an 
issue on how dead peer detection happens. The main problem is the 
following:

- MN makes a handover

- Before the handover is complited with a new AR, and e.g. QoS NSLP state 
  repaired with a local repair, the old AR notices that the MN 
  disappeared, and executes state tear down.

- The problem now is that the states will be torn down e2e before a local 
  repair is established. Thus, the local repair becomes a full e2e state 
  setup.

A potential solution is that GIST could have a configurable "dead peer 
delay", i.e., in mobile networks, GIST could be configured to be a bit 
more conservative in indicationg peer failure to the NSLP layer.

Jukka

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Sung-Hyuck Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 22:43:44 -0500

Hi,

I wonder why you are trying to draw on your resources to make a new approach
even though the existing method, Mobility ID, resovles very well the
problems below.

Regards,

Sung-Hyuck