Subject: [NSIS] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-cordeiro-nsis-hypath-03.txt]

From: Luís Cordeiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:22:11 +0000

Hi all,

The new version of HyPath draft was submitted. This new version
includes a lot of changes from the previous. Please take some time to
read it.

This new HyPath approach proposes a creation of a the Message Routing
Method (MRM) for GIST.

There are two possible approaches to adapt GIST to the hybrid solution:

- A new MRM;

- A Path-Coupled MRM extension.

The creation of a new GIST MRM adapts the GIST signaling with the
HyPath functionalities in an independent way of the existing MRMs. On
the other hand, by extending the current Path-Coupled MRM (adding additional fields) it is possible to maintain the usual
path-coupled functionalities and, when required, have the additional
HyPath functionalities.This can be achieved by adding a new flag in the
reserved area of the MRM (after the already specified D Flag). NSIS
entities that are configured to process HyPath messages can search for
this flag in Path-Coupled MRM, while other entities naturally ignore
it and process the message normally (ignoring all extra HyPath fields).
The HyPath MRM is described in the section 3.5.3 of the draft.

The GIST changes to allow these solutions are few and SHOULD not
influence the other functionalities.

Please provide me your comments about this new approach and your
opinion about the best solution from the two presented.

BR,

Luís Cordeiro

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:

I-D ACTION:draft-cordeiro-nsis-hypath-03.txt

Date:

Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:50:02 -0500

From:

[email-masked]

Reply-To:

[email-masked]

To:

[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Title : GIST Extension for Hybrid On-path Off-path Signaling (HyPath)
Author(s) : L. Cordeiro, et al.
Filename : draft-cordeiro-nsis-hypath-03.txt
Pages : 29
Date : 2007-3-7

In a multi-domain Internet that offers QoS guaranties for
applications, there is the need of signaling among the domain
entities which are responsible for QoS management. Because different
do the HyPath approach uses the NSIS protocol and interactions with
the local routing protocols to achieve an off path signaling in
hybrid environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cordeiro-nsis-hypath-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-cordeiro-nsis-hypath-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
[email-masked].
In the body type:
"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cordeiro-nsis-hypath-03.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this
feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis