Subject: [NSIS] QoS NSLP BREAK flag

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:21:39 +0100

Hi,

Max Laier (who is currently updating our QoS NSLP implementation)
found some inconsistency in the QoS NSLP spec
that is related to the BREAK flag:

> Currently there are three "BREAK" flags defined in qos-nslp-13, one for 
> every message type (except NOTIFY).  These flags, while carrying the same 
> information and semantics, have different flag values depending on the 
> message type.  This is not optimal from a implementation PoV.  I'd 
> suggest, that the BREAK flag be either moved into the generic flags, or 
> at least be given a common value for all message types that support it.  
> From the limited description of when to set the BREAK flag, I gather that 
> none of the actions really depend on the message type, thus inclusion in 
> the generic flags seems the logical solution.

I support this view.

Regards,
 Roland

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:55:25 +0200 (EET)

Sounds good to me.

Jukka