Subject: [NSIS] Changes in NATFW NSLP -14

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:33:20 +0100

Hi all,

Here is the list of changes between draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-13.txt  
and draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-14.txt.

The html diff is available here:
http://www.stiemerling.org/ietf/nsis/draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-14- 
from-13.html

- Removed leftover of NATFW_CREDENTIAL from Appendix D and IANA  
considerations
(- Update boilerplate )
- NATFW_DTINFO object MUST be included when using the LE-MRM.  
Otherwise the NATs and firewalls have no information about the used  
transport protocol, i.e., not enough parameters for making policy  
decisions.
- Adding text to Section 3.4 "Calculation of Signaling Session  
Lifetime" about choosing signaling session lifetimes with respect to  
IP address lease times.
- Reworked Appendix A "Selecting Signaling Destination Addresses for  
EXT".
- Replaced upstream by inbound and downstream by outbound.
- Added new asynchronous notification 'NATFW signaling session  
lifetime expired' (0x04)
- Changed NOTIFY semantics, i.e., now allowing to send inbound and  
outbound, depending on notification type
- Clarified when the lifetime of a session starts in Section 3.2.3  
"NATFW NSLP Signaling Sessions"
- In Section 3.7.6.2 "Proxying for a Data Sender", added  
clarification on how to teardown the CREATE send by the proxy
- Clarified throughout the text what type of sessions is always  
meant, i.e., if either application session or NATFW NSLP signaling  
session
- Clarified on "mode" word usage. There is now only the proxy mode  
operation left. All other "modes" have basically been messages.
- Reworked the NAT semantics part of EXT, as some cases where missing  
(this includes making the NATFW_DTINFO object mandatory if LE-MRM is  
used)
-Section 2.8 "Multihomed Network with NAT", changed figure slightly  
to better illustrate what is meant.

   Martin

[email-masked]
NEC Europe Limited |
Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL |
Registered in England 2832014

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis