Subject: [NSIS] Comments for WGLC draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-13.txt

From: Nuutti Varis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:40:08 +0300

Hello all,

Having read the draft fully a couple of times (and some parts several  
times more), the content feel mostly well written considering how  
complex the protocol is. Being in early stages of implementing GIST,  
the draft has been very clear so far. Unfortunately I do not have any  
real comments to make from the more complex parts of the  
specification from an implementation point of view, i.e. the route  
state and messaging association maintenance and all that comes along  
with them.

Below are some comments on the draft:

3.10. Example of Operation, list item 3:
"GN1 therefore constructs a GIST Query carrying the NSLP payload."
- Isn't this contradicting the specification, because if GIST creates  
a query that requests a MA to be created, you queue all NSLP data  
until the MA has been created and the earliest you can send your NSLP  
data is in the Confirm message. (4.2.2: "a queue of messages pending  
transmission while an MA is being established;", 4.3.3: "If no  
appropriate association exists, the message is queued while one is  
created, which will trigger the exchange of additional GIST  
messages.", )

5.8 Specific Message Routing Methods
s/bere/here/

5.1 GIST Messages
"Error: ... The message includes a Network-Layer-Information object  
for the originator of the error message, if it is being sent in D-mode;"
- A.1 The GIST Common Header states about error processing that "In  
all cases the receiver MUST if possible return a "Common Header Parse  
Error" message (Appendix A.4.4.1) with the appropriate subcode, and  
not process the message further.". It might be a good idea to clarify  
the 5.1 Error message description that the NLI is indeed optional in  
certain cases as it is shown in the actual header representation,  
denoted by the square brackets.

5.3.2.3 Upper Layer Encapsulation and Overall Interception  
Requirements, third paragraph
s/networ/network/, the whole sentence that has this typo seems a bit  
off, I am guessing it should be "Q-mode packets intercepted within  
the network ..."

A.3.9 NAT Traversal
Half-bit between NAT-Count and Reserved in the bitfield diagram

--
BR, Nuutti

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis