Subject: Re: [NSIS] QSPEC Draft Review

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:51:35 +0200

Hi Jerry,

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> * Acknowledgments and Contributors
> 
> Dave Oran is still listed in the acknowledgments section. There are many
> contributors listed even though, for most of them, I have not seen them
> discussing anything on the list while some of the listed persons in the
> acknowledgment list have spent a lot of time fixing the document over
> several years. There might be a misbalance. I must admit that I am in
> general not excited about the way how people are acknowledged in IETF
> drafts in general given that they are "allowed" to fix documents of
> draft authors but they get no reward.

I agree with Hannes here. I'm also not listed there in v16 yet.

Regards,
 Roland

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "ASH, GERALD R, ATTLABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 06:24:36 -0500

Hi Roland, 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Roland Bless [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 5:52 AM
> To: ASH, GERALD R, ATTLABS
> Cc: Hannes Tschofenig; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [NSIS] QSPEC Draft Review
> 
> Hi Jerry,
> 
> Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

> I agree with Hannes here. I'm also not listed there in v16 yet.

You *certainly* should be acknowledged for your continued, substantial,
and important contributions to the QSPEC draft and to NSIS in general.
You will be and my sincere apologies for the oversight.

I think Hannes' does have a point that perhaps there is sometimes some
imbalance in 'acknowledgements', and I would add 'contributors' as well.
That is, some people listed in acknowledgements (e.g., Section 9 in
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-16.txt) should
probably be listed as contributors (e.g., Section 1), and visa versa,
depending on actual contribution.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Best Regards,
Jerry