Subject: RE: [NSIS] WGLC for draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-13.txt

From: "Christian Dickmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:34:09 +0200

Hi,

> Reading again Section 3.2, it specifically talks about using D-mode on
> the
> edges of the network. Yet, the spec does not present how to use it
with
> the MA in Section 5.7. I think there is a bit of a mismatch.

If you know what you are doing the spec allows you to use D-Mode and no
MA at all. In other words, you can use pure UDP to send your data. If
you want DTLS over UDP, this will require to specify UDP and DTLS as
protocols that can be used in MAs. Then DTLS over UDP is one profile
that could be used in C-Mode. The current spec does not provide any
secure UDP transport, but highlights how you could add it (by defining
it for C-Mode, as said above). 

I do not see any mismatch or problem here.

Regards,
Christian Dickmann

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:09:56 +0300 (EEST)

The point was that the spec could say it clearly, how one uses 
"Forwards-UDP", e.g., do you send the Confirm to the GIST port, or do you 
get an alternative port number in the Response?

Jukka