Subject: [NSIS] Tearing direction in Mobility Applicability I-D

From: "Shivanajay Marwaha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:10:09 +0800

Dear all,

I have the following comment on section 4 of Mobility Applicability
Draft:-

Direction of teardown in Figure 1 should be made compliant with NSLP
I-D. In Fig. 1, RESERVE (T) (message no. 9) is sent from CRN towards
QNI, as opposed to as indicated in the NSLP I-D: "RESERVE messages MUST
only be sent towards the QNR" (Section 5.4.1, para 2). This has also
been pointed out by Roland in his QoS NSLP I-D comment.

Cheers,
Shiv

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:36:22 +0200

Hi,

> been pointed out by Roland in his QoS NSLP I-D comment.

Yes that was also one of my comments to this draft (I've to write them
up though), however, the QoS NSLP is unclear in this respect an I guess
it even would make sometimes sense to do it in the way that is described
in the Mobility Applicability Draft. However, authorization issues may
come up. Furthermore, what about receiver-initiated reservations? What
would be the allowed direction for a TEAR. Is it also the receiver?

Regards,
 Roland

---

From: Takako Sanda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:16:56 +0900

Hi Roland and Shiv,

Thank you for your comments.

For direction of RESERVE_with_tear message, Mobility draft should be
synchronized with QoS NSLP draft. So this issue need to be clear in QoS
NSLP draft first.

cheers,
Takako

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:36:22 +0200