Subject: [NSIS] NAT traversal in Mobility case

From: Takako Sanda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:21:52 +0900

Hi,

In mobility scenario, it is possible that MN attaches to private network,
but it does not know whether the NAT is NSIS aware or not.

Therefore I suggest that Mobility draft should contain the text:-
- If MN detects the attached network is private, MN MUST set S-flag in
signaling message in case the MN is an NI.

In addition, I have two questions about NAT traversal:-
- In case NSIS aware NAT detects S-flag in the message, isn't it
necessary to un-set the flag to avoid unnecessary operation in a QNE
outside the NAT? Is N-flag enough? (although it may be an implementation
issue)
- GIST draft says in case of legacy NAT, Querying node will terminate
the handshake after receiving the response. However the QNE outside of
the NAT may be able to act as a proxy. In this case, is there anything
else the GIST can do? 

cheers,
Takako

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis