Subject: [NSIS] Controlled Load QOSM Comments

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:13:41 +0200

I went through <draft-kappler-nsis-qosmodel-controlledload-05.txt>.

This document is in good shape.

Still, I have a few comments:

* Section 5.: Requirements for QOSM specification is not inline with the 
text in Section 4.1 of draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-17.txt

* Section 5.2.2.  QSPEC Objects

There are two TMOD parameters in draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-17.txt. You only 
talk about TMOD as there would be only one.

* <QoS Available> is required for receiver-initiated reservations, and
   MAY be used in sender-initiated reservations.

Section 5.3.2 of draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-17.txt does not indicate that QoS 
Available is optional for receiver-initiated reservations.

* Among them, <QoS Desired> and <QoS Reserved> MUST be supported by all
   QOSM implementations, as defined in [3].

I thought that all need to be implemented and understood by a QoS aware 
node.

* <Minimum QoS> is optional.

optional to implement or optional to use?

* I am not sure I understand your text in Section 6.1.
It seems that you compute the admission control decision as a comparison 
between TMOD parameters rather than the TMOD parameter received with the 
RESERVE message against the available resources.

* Section 7: Preemption

Isn't the problem to determine which reservation to terminate rather 
than the actual act of terminating a reservation.

* Section 9: "This Internet Draft raises no new security issues."

I would write. "This document does not raise additional security issues 
beyond those described in [QoS-NSLP]."

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis