Subject: [NSIS] INFO_SPEC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:05:06 +0200

Hi all,

Section 5.1.3.6 of the draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-15.txt specifies the 
INFO_SPEC.

For the Object Value Info the text says:

Offset: The byte in the object at which the QNE found the error.
   When this byte is set to "0", the complete object is included.

I assume that the entire object is always included but when the value of 
'0' is put in there then it means that the entire object was broken 
rather than a specific value inside the object.
Correct?

If so, then you might want to change the sentence from above slightly.

You also say:

"
 This object carries information about a TLV object which was found to
   be invalid in the original message.  An error message may contain
   more than one Object Value Info object.
"

With "this object" I assume you refer to the invalid object rather than 
to the entire Object Value Info object.
The latter sentence, however, confuses me. Do you refer to the fact that 
an RESPONSE message may contain more than one INFO_SPEC object or to the 
fact that one INFO_SPEC object may contain multiple Object Value Info 
objects or that the Object Value Info object may contain multiple 
invalid objects (unless the length field of the invalid object became 
invalid -- which is pretty easy to check).

Ciao
Hannes

Btw, the figure corresponding to Error Source Identifier Type: 0x02 is 
garbled.

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis