Subject: [NSIS] FW: ISOC Fellowship to the IETF - seeking applicants for IETF 72 and IETF73

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:56:46 -0500

For everyone's information.

----- Forwarded message from Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]> -----

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:18:05 +0200
Subject: ISOC Fellowship to the IETF - seeking applicants for IETF 72
and IETF 73

[I am sorry if you receive this more than once.]

Dear Colleagues,

The Internet Society announces that it is seeking applications for the
next round of the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF  program. The program
offers engineers from developing countries fellowships that fund the
cost of attending an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting.

As you know, the IETF is the Internet's premier standards-making body,
responsible for the development of protocols used in IP-based networks.
IETF participants represent an international community of network
designers, operators, vendors, and researchers involved in the technical
operation of the Internet and the continuing evolution of Internet
architecture.

Fellowships will be awarded through a competitive application process.
The Internet Society is currently accepting fellowship applications for
the next two IETF meetings:

    * IETF 72 being held in Dublin, Ireland, 27 July - 1 August 2008
    * IETF 73 being held in Minneapolis, 16 - 21 November 2008

Up to five fellowships will be awarded for each IETF meeting.

Full details on the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF, including how to apply,
are located on the ISOC website at :

	http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship

Fellowship applications for both IETF meetings are due by 2 May 2008.

The Internet Society formally launched the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF
program in January 2007 after successfully piloting the program during
2006 at IETF 66 in Montreal and IETF 67 in San Diego. Fifteen
individuals from 12 countries have participated in the program since its
inception.

I encourage you to pass information about this program to individuals
involved in your regional operators' groups that have a keen interest in
the Internet standardisation activities of the IETF.  You also may
consider being a reference for the applicant.

If you have questions, please do not hesiate to contact Karen Rose
<[email-masked]> or Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>.

Kind Regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
ISOC

----- End forwarded message -----
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis