Subject: [NSIS] RFC 5979 on NSIS Operation over IP Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:50:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5979

        Title:      NSIS Operation over IP Tunnels 
        Author:     C. Shen, H. Schulzrinne,
                    S. Lee, J. Bang
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 69850
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5979.txt

NSIS Quality of Service (QoS) signaling enables applications to
perform QoS reservation along a data flow path.  When the data flow
path contains IP tunnel segments, NSIS QoS signaling has no effect
within those tunnel segments.  Therefore, the resulting tunnel
segments could become the weakest QoS link and invalidate the QoS
efforts in the rest of the end-to-end path.  The problem with NSIS
signaling within the tunnel is caused by the tunnel encapsulation
that masks packets' original IP header fields.  Those original IP
header fields are needed to intercept NSIS signaling messages and
classify QoS data packets.  This document defines a solution to this
problem by mapping end-to-end QoS session requests to corresponding
QoS sessions in the tunnel, thus extending the end-to-end QoS
signaling into the IP tunnel segments.  This document defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Charles Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:05:09 -0400

Sincere thanks to everyone !!

Charles

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 7:50 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> nsis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis
>