Subject: [ntpwg] Dave's new document and rfc2629.dtd

From: stenn at ntp.isc.org (Harlan Stenn)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 03:17:28 +0000

Folks,

I have Dave's new document, and I have it in a directory with
rfc2629.dtd (and rfc2629-xhml.ent and rfc2629-other.ent).  I've
installed the onsgmls stuff.

When I bring up xemacs and ask it to validate Dave's document I'm seeing
problems that I suspect are more related to my setup than what Dave has
done:

% onsgmls -wxml -s  ntp4.xml
onsgmls:rfc2629-xhtml.ent:117:23:W: reference to non-SGML character
onsgmls:rfc2629.dtd:100:42:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if OMITTAG NO is specified
onsgmls:rfc2629.dtd:116:13:E: character ":" invalid: only "CDATA",
"ENTITIES", "ENTITY", "ID", "IDREF", "IDREFS", "NAME", "NAMES",
"NMTOKEN", "NMTOKENS", "NOTATION", "NUMBER", "NUMBERS", "NUTOKEN",
"NUTOKENS" and parameter separators allowed
onsgmls:rfc2629.dtd:125:39:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if OMITTAG NO is specified
onsgmls:rfc2629.dtd:128:31:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if OMITTAG NO is specified
onsgmls:rfc2629.dtd:132:45:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if OMITTAG NO is specified
onsgmls:rfc2629.dtd:140:31:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if OMITTAG NO is specified
...

Ideas?

H