Subject: [ntpwg] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-07.txt]

From: brian at innovationslab.net (Brian Haberman)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:55:13 -0400

All,
     The latest version of the protocol spec is available in the I-D
repository.

Regards,
Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-07.txt
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:15:02 -0400
From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
Reply-To: internet-drafts at ietf.org
To: i-d-announce at ietf.org
CC: ntpwg at lists.ntp.isc.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title		: Network Time Protocol Version 4 Protocol And Algorithms
Specification
	Author(s)	: J. Burbank, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-07.txt
	Pages		: 108
	Date		: 2007-7-25
	
The Network Time Protocol (NTP) is widely used to synchronize
   computer clocks in the Internet.  This document describes NTP Version
   4 (NTPv4), which is backwards compatible with NTP Version 3 (NTPv3)
   described in RFC 1305, as well as previous versions of the protocol.
   NTPv4 includes a modified protocol header to accommodate the Internet
   Protocol Version 6 address family.  NTPv4 includes fundamental
   improvements in the mitigation and discipline algorithms which extend
   the potential accuracy to the tens of microseconds with modern
   workstations and fast LANs.  It includes a dynamic server discovery
   scheme, so that in many cases specific server configuration is not
   required.  It corrects certain errors in the NTPv3 design and
   implementation and includes an optional extension mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-07.txt