Subject: [ntpwg] Autokey draft update

From: "David L. Mills" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 05:03:05 +0000

Guys,

I have updated the Autokey specification and in the process whacked 
loads of wandering prose, nixed some specious appendices, corrected some 
math errors and in general fixed it up.

This was not a trivial operation - I had to convert to an old DOS editor 
I can see easily and use a rickety XML editor to find bugs with a 
magnifying glass word by word. One of the things I find absolutely 
enraging is the lack of a facility in these editors to enlarge the 
source font. The browser has this capability, but can't change the text.

I managed to find a little help on converting XML to RFC. That was a big 
help, but errors might remain. I'm not looking for final draft at this 
time, but I would appreciate a scan to see if I'm on a productive path. 
It needs one more careful vet to insure consistency and correctness.

For those who took a hard, long look and provided detailed comments, I 
am very much greatful.

For the want of a convenient place to stash the text and XML, they are 
on the NTP project page linked from www.ntp.org and should be uploaded 
by morning.

Dave
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.ntp.org/mailman/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: "David L. Mills" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 02:37:08 +0000

Todd,

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-01.xml
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-01.txt

Dave

TS Glassey wrote:

> can you send me a copy of the package?
>
> T.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "David L. Mills" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 9:03 PM
> Subject: [ntpwg] Autokey draft update
>
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> loads of wandering prose, nixed some specious appendices, corrected 
>> some math errors and in general fixed it up.
>>
>> This was not a trivial operation - I had to convert to an old DOS 
>> editor I can see easily and use a rickety XML editor to find bugs 
>> with a magnifying glass word by word. One of the things I find 
>> absolutely enraging is the lack of a facility in these editors to 
>> enlarge the source font. The browser has this capability, but can't 
>> change the text.
>>
>> I managed to find a little help on converting XML to RFC. That was a 
>> big help, but errors might remain. I'm not looking for final draft at 
>> this time, but I would appreciate a scan to see if I'm on a 
>> productive path. It needs one more careful vet to insure consistency 
>> and correctness.
>>
>> For those who took a hard, long look and provided detailed comments, 
>> I am very much greatful.
>>
>> For the want of a convenient place to stash the text and XML, they 
>> are on the NTP project page linked from www.ntp.org and should be 
>> uploaded by morning.
>>
>> Dave