Subject: [ntpwg] Extension Field Format correction

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:50:29 -0400

This is my correction to the extension field format defined in section 
7.5, Figure 14. This should fix the problems previously discussed so 
that Autokey fits correctly and others can develop their own extensions.

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       | Private       | Field Type    |            Length             |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       .                                                               .
       .                            Value                              .
       .                                                               .
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                       Padding (as needed)                     |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                      Figure 14: Extension Field Format

For the field type the values 0-7 are allocated to Autokey and will need 
to be registered with INANA. Other values have not been allocated.

Danny
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.ntp.org/mailman/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 18:52:28 -0400

> that Autokey fits correctly and others can develop their own extensions.

I forgot to mention that the area marked private is private to the 
extension and can be used for any purpose that the extension sees fit.

Danny

---

From: "David L. Mills" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 02:20:01 +0000

Danny,

That works.

Dave