Subject: [ntpwg] Autokey draft corrections

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:00:28 -0400

Here are the corrections to the autokey for Section 10, Figure 7. Note 
that I made some slight adjustments to Dave's layout since it makes it 
more flexible by making the VN field part of the Field Type.

     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |R|E|   Code    | Field Type    |            Length             |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                         Association ID                        |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                           Timestamp                           |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                           Filestamp                           |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                          Value Length                         |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    \                                                               /

    /                             Value                             \
    \                                                               /
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                        Signature Length                       |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    \                                                               /
    /                           Signature                           \
    \                                                               /
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    \                                                               /
    /                      Padding (if needed)                      \
    \                                                               /
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                   Figure 7: NTPv4 Extension Field Format

The 6-bit Code field specifies the request or response operation, the
Field type has the value 1-7 reserved for autokey, where the value is 2
for the current protocol version. There are two flag bits: bit 0 is the
Response Flag (R) and bit  1 is the Error Flag (E); the Reserved field
is unused and should be set  to 0. The remaining fields will be described
later. The field type of 1-7 needs to be registered with in IANA as
allocated to Autokey.
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.ntp.org/mailman/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: "David L. Mills" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 02:23:28 +0000

Danny,

Thanks very much for the review. I have the XML and will make the changes.

Dave

---

From: "David L. Mills" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:41:14 +0000

Guys,

I have edited Danny's comments in the autokey draft (4) in xml and txt. 
It is linked from the NTP project page www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp.html.

I have no other pending edits. Are we at last call? I'm supremely 
anxious to clear this old puppy from my desk.

Dave