Subject: [ntpwg] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-03.txt]

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:33:09 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-03.txt
Date: Mon,  9 Jun 2008 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of 
the IETF.

	Title		: Network Time Protocol Version 4 Autokey Specification
	Author(s)	: B. Haberman, D. Mills
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-03.txt
	Pages		: 52
	Date		: 2008-6-9
	
This memo describes the Autokey security model for authenticating
    servers to clients using the Network Time Protocol (NTP) and public
    key cryptography.  Its design is based on the premise that IPSEC
    schemes cannot be adopted intact, since that would preclude stateless
    servers and severely compromise timekeeping accuracy.  In addition,
    PKI schemes presume authenticated time values are always available to
    enforce certificate lifetimes; however, cryptographically verified
    timestamps require interaction between the timekeeping and
    authentication functions.

This memo includes the Autokey requirements analysis, design
    principles and protocol specification.  A detailed description of the
    protocol states, events and transition functions is included.  A
    prototype of the Autokey design based on this memo has been
    implemented, tested and documented in the NTP Version 4 (NTPv4)
    software distribution for Unix, Windows and VMS at
    http://www.ntp.org.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.ntp.org/mailman/listinfo/ntpwg