Subject: [ntpwg] WG Last Call : draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-mib-04.txt

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:21:01 -0400

All,
      This note starts an NTP Working Group Last Call for the NTP MIB 
(draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-mib-04.txt) as a Proposed Standard.  Substantial 
comments should be directed to the NTP mailing list.  Editorial comments 
should be directed to the document editors.  This Last Call will end on 
June 20, 2008.

Regards,
Brian & Karen
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.ntp.org/mailman/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 03:31:45 +0000

> should be directed to the document editors.  This Last Call will end on 

Heiko is in the process of implementing an NTP MIB agent.

I'm *just asking* - would there be benefit to holding off on the Last
Call for a bit longer to make sure that during implementation he doesn't
find anything that needs to be clarified or changed?

H

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:15:21 -0400

Hi Harlen,
      Given the usual RFC process, there should be plenty of time for 
any issues that Heiko may encounter to be incorporated into the spec.  I 
don't see a reason to wait.  Plus, someone's WG Last Call review may 
discover something prior to Heiko finding it in the implementation.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:46:01 -0400

NTP'ers,
      I have reviewed this MIB and have no issues with the content or 
structure.  It compiles cleanly (minus the XXXXX placeholder) via 
smilint. From my perspective, it is ready to advance.

      The Last Call ends in 3 days and it would be good to have others 
review the MIB.  If you are happy with its content, please state that 
opinion on the mailing list or in an e-mail to the chairs.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:51:02 -0400

I am not knowledgeable about MIB's but I have no problem with this 
moving forward if it does all the right things for the people who need it.

Danny