Subject: [ntpwg] Errata for RFC 5905

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:01:42 -0400

Errata for RFC 5905. Section 7.4 b. needs to be fixed. The word
reduce ("reduce its polling interval") should be increase ("increase the
polling interval").

The full sentence is as follows:

   b.  For kiss code RATE, the client MUST immediately reduce its
       polling interval to that server and continue to reduce it each
       time it receives a RATE kiss code.

This should read:

b.  For kiss code RATE, the client MUST immediately increase its
       polling interval to that server and continue to increase it each
       time it receives a RATE kiss code.

The server is saying that you should ask for packets less often and not
more often.

Danny
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: "David L. Mills" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:06:11 +0000

Danny and the WG,

Agreed; that is correct..

Dave

---

From: Dave Hart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:37:34 +0000

I agree the errata is correct.

Dave Hart

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 17:06, David L. Mills <[email-masked]> wrote:
> TICTOC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tictoc
>