Subject: [ntpwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5905 (4680)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 08:32:07 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5905,
"Network Time Protocol Version 4: Protocol and Algorithms Specification".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5905&eid=4680

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Riccardo Brama <[email-masked]>

Section: 6, Fig 3

Original Text
-------------
       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                           Era Number                          |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                           Era Offset                          |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                                                               |
      |                           Fraction                            |
      |                                                               |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                              NTP Date Format

Corrected Text
--------------
       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                           Era Number                          |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                           Era Offset                          |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                                                               |
      +                           Fraction                            +
      |                                                               |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                              NTP Date Format

Notes
-----
This allows to better appreciate only two 32b rows really form the Fraction part, leading to an overall type length of 128b instead of 160b as it could otherwise be misunderstood in the original figure.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5905 (draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network Time Protocol Version 4: Protocol and Algorithms Specification
Publication Date    : June 2010
Author(s)           : D. Mills, J. Martin, Ed., J. Burbank, W. Kasch
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Time Protocol
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg