Subject: [Ntp] I-D Action: draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 23:08:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) Extension Fields
        Authors         : Harlan Stenn
                          David L. Mills
	Filename        : draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-10-02

Abstract:
   Network Time Protocol version 4 (NTPv4) defines the optional usage of
   extension fields.  An extension field, as defined in RFC 5905
   [RFC5905] and RFC 5906 [RFC5906], resides after the end of the NTP
   header and supplies optional capabilities or information that cannot
   be conveyed in the basic NTP packet.  This document updates RFC 5905
   [RFC5905] by clarifying some points regarding NTP extension fields
   and their usage with legacy Message Authentication Codes (MACs), and
   removes wasteful requirements added by RCF 7822 [RFC7822].

   This proposal deprecates RFC 7822 [RFC7822].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/