Subject: [Ntp] I-D Action: draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 00:34:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) Extension Fields
        Authors         : Harlan Stenn
                          David L. Mills
	Filename        : draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-09.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-03-26

Abstract:
   Network Time Protocol version 4 (NTPv4) defines the optional usage of
   extension fields.  An extension field, as defined in RFC 5905
   [RFC5905] and RFC 5906 [RFC5906], resides after the end of the NTP
   header and supplies optional capabilities or information that cannot
   be conveyed in the basic NTP packet.  This document updates RFC 5905
   [RFC5905] by clarifying some points regarding NTP extension fields
   and their usage with legacy Message Authentication Codes (MACs), and
   removes wasteful requirements added by RCF 7822 [RFC7822].

   This proposal deprecates RFC 7822 [RFC7822].

   RFC EDITOR: PLEASE REMOVE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH BEFORE PUBLISHING:

   The source code and issues list for this draft can be found in
   https://github.com/hstenn/ietf-ntp-extension-fields

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Christer Weinigel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:12:20 +0100

>     https://github.com/hstenn/ietf-ntp-extension-fields

Note that the above link gives a 404, the following link works though:

https://github.com/hstenn/ietf-ntp-extension-field

   /Christer