Subject: [Ntp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 03:28:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for NTP
        Authors         : Nan Wu
                          Dhruv Dhody
                          Ankit kumar Sinha
                          Anil Kumar S N
                          Yi Zhao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-06.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2019-06-26

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model for Network Time Protocol
   (NTP) implementations.  The data model includes configuration data
   and state data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Watson Ladd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:10:39 -0700

Forgive me for only now taking a look at this, but the security
considerations section seems to be omitting the authentication subtree
from the sensitive list on read, talking only about writing it. But an
attacker with read access will get the keys, and that would be bad.

Also is it too late/too early to include NTS?

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 11:37:06 +0530

Hi Watson,

Thanks for looking into this. I have made the update and posted a new
version handling this.

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-06&url2=draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-07

Authors believe it is better to handle NTS in another draft and
keeping the scope of this I-D limited.

Thanks!
Dhruv

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 2:41 AM Watson Ladd <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> ntp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ntp