Subject: [nvo3] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gu-statemigration-framework-00.txt

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:42:10 -0800

We've put together a framework and problem statement draft on
migrating middlebox state when a "live" network flow moves.  This
is not within nvo3's scope but because the migration of network
flows over an nvo3 infrastructure is in scope we thought it might
be of interest to participants.

Melinda

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-gu-statemigration-framework-00.txt
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:05:01 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gu-statemigration-framework-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Melinda Shore and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gu-statemigration-framework
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A Framework and Problem Statement for Flow-associated Middlebox 
State Migration
Creation date:	 2012-07-03
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 17
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gu-statemigration-framework-00.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gu-statemigration-framework
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gu-statemigration-framework-00

Abstract:
    This document presents an initial framework and discussion of the
    problem of transferring middlebox (for example, firewall or NAT)
    flow-coupled state from one middlebox to another while the flow is
    still active.  This has most recently come up in the context of
    virtual machine (VM) migration between hypervisors, but it is a
    problem that has appeared in other situations, as well.  We present
    some of the parameters of the problem, define some language for
    discussing the problem, and begin to identify a path forward for
    addressing it.

The IETF Secretariat