Subject: [nvo3] Fwd: SECOND Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-08.txt> (Applicability Statement for the use of IPv6 UDP Datagrams with Zero Checksums) to Proposed Standard

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:30:32 -0500

FYI - Those of you thinking about data-plane requirements, encaps, etc may
be interested in the draft referenced below.

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* The IESG <[email-masked]>
*Date:* December 12, 2012, 12:24:07 EST
*To:* IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
*Cc:* [email-masked]
*Subject:* *SECOND Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-08.txt>
(Applicability Statement for the use of IPv6 UDP Datagrams with Zero
Checksums) to Proposed Standard*
*Reply-To:* [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Applicability Statement for the use of IPv6 UDP Datagrams with Zero
  Checksums'
 <draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

This Last Call is the second IETF Last Call for this document.  The first
Last Call was to publish this document as an Informational document.
The draft has been restructured as an applicability statement and is
intended
to be published as a Proposed Standard.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-12-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

  This document provides an applicability statement for the use of UDP
  transport checksums with IPv6.  It defines recommendations and
  requirements for the use of IPv6 UDP datagrams with a zero UDP
  checksum.  It describes the issues and design principles that need to
  be considered when UDP is used with IPv6 to support tunnel
  encapsulations and examines the role of the IPv6 UDP transport
  checksum.  An appendix presents a summary of the trade-offs that were
  considered in evaluating the safety of the update to RFC 2460 that
  updates use of the UDP checksum with IPv6.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-udpzero/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-udpzero/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------