Subject: [nvo3] Fwd: xml2rfc v2 transition

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 16:42:12 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "RFC Series Editor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Jul 3, 2014 10:39 AM
Subject: xml2rfc v2 transition
To: "IETF Announcement List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

As a reminder to the community, the RFC Editor is transitioning completely
to xml2rfc v2 for processing XML source for drafts this month.   If your XML
file does not parse using xml2rfc v2, it may be returned to you with a
request to update the XML.  Since we do appreciate receiving XML source for
the drafts which are approved for publication, we encourage those who are
still working with a tool-chain based on xml2rfc v1 (the TCL releases) to
transition to v2 (the Python releases).  The xml2rfc v2 processor is more
strict about handling non-wellformed or invalid XML.  Please see
<http://xml2rfc.ietf.org> for more detail regarding strict handling of XML.

The RFC Editor will continue to accept XML source for Internet-Drafts
created
using v1 that were approved for publication by 30 June 2014.

Authors may also continue to submit documents in nroff or txt if an XML
source is not available.

The original announcement is available here:
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg12251.html>

If you have questions about xml2rfc v2, please send them to the xml2rfc
mailing list <[email-masked]>.

Heather Flanagan, RFC Series Editor