Subject: [nvo3] RFC 8014 on An Architecture for Data-Center Network Virtualization over Layer 3 (NVO3)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 13:11:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8014

        Title:      An Architecture for Data-Center Network 
                    Virtualization over Layer 3 (NVO3) 
        Author:     D. Black, J. Hudson,
                    L. Kreeger, M. Lasserre,
                    T. Narten
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 89975
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8014

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8014

This document presents a high-level overview architecture for
building data-center Network Virtualization over Layer 3 (NVO3)
networks.  The architecture is given at a high level, showing the
major components of an overall system.  An important goal is to
divide the space into individual smaller components that can be
implemented independently with clear inter-component interfaces and
interactions.  It should be possible to build and implement
individual components in isolation and have them interoperate with
other independently implemented components.  That way, implementers
have flexibility in implementing individual components and can
optimize and innovate within their respective components without
requiring changes to other components.

This document is a product of the Network Virtualization Overlays Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC