Subject: [nvo3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework-09.txt> (A Framework for Multicast in Network Virtualization Overlays) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:10:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Virtualization Overlays WG
(nvo3) to consider the following document: - 'A Framework for Multicast in
Network Virtualization Overlays'
  <draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses a framework of supporting multicast traffic
   in a network that uses Network Virtualization Overlays (NVO3). Both
   infrastructure multicast and application-specific multicast are
   discussed. It describes the various mechanisms that can be used for
   delivering such traffic as well as the data plane and control plane
   considerations for each of the mechanisms.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2597/