Subject: [nvo3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 01:29:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Split-NVE Control Plane Requirements
        Authors         : Yizhou Li
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Lawrence Kreeger
                          Thomas Narten
                          David Black
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-08.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2017-10-26

Abstract:
   In a Split-NVE architecture, the functions of the NVE (Network
   Virtualization Edge) are split across a server and an external
   network equipment which is called an external NVE.  The server-
   resident control plane functionality resides in control software,
   which may be part of a hypervisor or container management software;
   for simplicity, this draft refers to the hypervisor as the location
   of this software.

   Control plane protocol(s) between a hypervisor and its associated
   external NVE(s) are used by the hypervisor to distribute its virtual
   machine networking state to the external NVE(s) for further handling.
   This document illustrates the functionality required by this type of
   control plane signaling protocol and outlines the high level
   requirements. Virtual machine states as well as state transitioning
   are summarized to help clarify the needed protocol requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/