Subject: [nvo3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 09:02:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Virtual Machine Mobility Protocol for L2 and L3 Overlay Networks
        Authors         : Behcet Sarikaya
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Tom Herbert
                          Saumya Dikshit
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   This document describes a virtual machine mobility protocol commonly
   used in data centers built with overlay-based network virtualization
   approach.  For layer 2, it is based on using a Network Virtualization
   Authority (NVA)-Network Virtualization Edge (NVE) protocol to update
   Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) table or neighbor cache entries at
   the NVA and the source NVEs tunneling in-flight packets to the
   destination NVE after the virtual machine moves from source NVE to
   the destination NVE.  For Layer 3, it is based on address and
   connection migration after the move.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/