Subject: [OAUTH-WG] RFC 7636 on Proof Key for Code Exchange by OAuth Public Clients

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:45:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7636

        Title:      Proof Key for Code Exchange 
                    by OAuth Public Clients 
        Author:     N. Sakimura, Ed.,
                    J. Bradley, N. Agarwal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 39482
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-spop-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7636

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7636

OAuth 2.0 public clients utilizing the Authorization Code Grant are
susceptible to the authorization code interception attack.  This
specification describes the attack as well as a technique to mitigate
against the threat through the use of Proof Key for Code Exchange
(PKCE, pronounced "pixy").

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC