Subject: suffix for PGP exported key

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:17:22 +0900

I received a question about suffix for PGP exported key embedded in
PGP/MIME. RFC 2015 defines the application/pgp-keys content type but
doesn't define its recommended suffix, which is stored in
Content-Disposition.

It may not be a protocol issue but such recommendation is certainly
useful for Windows (and others) applications. Good examples are found
in the S/MIME spec.

Any comments?

--Kazu

---

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:15:39 -0700

At 09:17 PM 10/13/98 +0900, you wrote:
   I received a question about suffix for PGP exported key embedded in
   PGP/MIME. RFC 2015 defines the application/pgp-keys content type but
   doesn't define its recommended suffix, which is stored in
   Content-Disposition.
   
The traditional suffixes are .pgp for binary and .asc for armored.

	Jon

-----
Jon Callas                                  [email-masked]
CTO, Total Network Security                 3965 Freedom Circle
Network Associates, Inc.                    Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 346-5860                              
Fingerprints: D1EC 3C51 FCB1 67F8 4345 4A04 7DF9 C2E6 F129 27A9 (DSS)
              665B 797F 37D1 C240 53AC 6D87 3A60 4628           (RSA)

---

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:01:23 +0900

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: suffix for PGP exported key
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:15:39 -0700

> The traditional suffixes are .pgp for binary and .asc for armored.

I know. My point is whether or not these suffixes are defined in the
next PGP and/or PGP/MIME RFC.

--Kazu

---

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:51:50 -0700

At 04:01 PM 10/14/98 +0900, =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?= wrote:
   I know. My point is whether or not these suffixes are defined in the
   next PGP and/or PGP/MIME RFC.
   
Sorry. I think they belong in the next PGP/MIME doc. OPF doesn't talk about
files.

	Jon

-----
Jon Callas                                  [email-masked]