Subject: Next Step on Uses Cases Draft

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:34:39 -0500

Folks,

coming out of the IETF Meeting in Minneapolis, we need to revamp our 
SMTP Use Cases Draft.

The current draft attempts to categorize use cases and to come up with 
sort of a classification. Instead of doing this, general feedback was 
that the draft should explain/list very concret uses cases. This will 
help to set the scope.

Maybe a structure similar to the one we had in the outdated/expired 
document http://papers.mhof.com/draft-beck-opes-esfnep-01.txt might be 
helpful (forget about the "business model" parts, but the listing of 
use case descriptions seems helpful). MArtin's list at 
http://www.martin-stecher.de/opes/smtpusecases.html looks like a good 
starting point - the uses cases just would have to be detailed.

Any opinions? We need to get this wrapped up very soon.

Thanks,
   Markus

---

From: jfcm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:39:09 +0100

At 06:34 23/03/2005, Markus Hofmann wrote:
>Folks,
>coming out of the IETF Meeting in Minneapolis, we need to revamp our SMTP 
>Use Cases Draft.
>
>sort of a classification. Instead of doing this, general feedback was that 
>the draft should explain/list very concret uses cases. This will help to 
>set the scope.
>
>helpful (forget about the "business model" parts, but the listing of use 
>case descriptions seems helpful). MArtin's list at 

We collectively did that 3 months ago. Just take all the cases we 
documented in "SMTP Uses case" thread and my "applications addition". And 
say were/how we will carry all of them.

I am not sure I have all the mails stored, so I cannot do it. We can also 
have a rerun. Whan we have all the list, we could send it on the general 
list calling for additional suggestions. This would might give some new 
ideas. We would get notice, probably interest and support.
jfc

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:14:39 -0500

It's less about "having" the list, it's more about getting the list in 
written words and int othe draft.

-Markus

jfcm wrote:
> documented in "SMTP Uses case" thread and my "applications addition". 
> And say were/how we will carry all of them.
> 
> I am not sure I have all the mails stored, so I cannot do it. We can 
> also have a rerun. Whan we have all the list, we could send it on the 
> general list calling for additional suggestions. This would might give 
> some new ideas. We would get notice, probably interest and support.
> jfc