Subject: [OPS-AREA] FW: [PEPPERMINT] 2nd pass on PEPPERMINT charter.

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:02:43 +0100

Please see the second pass of the PEPPERMINT charter. Some of the
changes are in response to issues raised by the OPS area community. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Richard Shockey
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 10:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Peterson, Jon'
Subject: [PEPPERMINT] 2nd pass on PEPPERMINT charter.

PROPOSED CHARTER FOR PEPPERMINT

The IETF has been working on various aspects of session-based Multimedia
Interconnection among administrative domains. In addition, the IETF has
done significant work on data exchanges among various network elements. 

ENUM is specifically chartered to develop protocols that involve the
translation of E.164 numbers to URI's.
 
SPEERMINT has been chartered to develop best current practices among
real-time application service providers and how such services
interconnect across administrative boundaries.

The PEPPERMINT work group is charted to define what data needs to be
exchanged among Multimedia administrative domains and how that data
should be structured provisioned and propagated. These protocols would
be outside the normal scope of establishing various forms of a SIP
session. 

Data exchanges to facilitate session-based Multimedia Interconnection
are typically between various Client User Agents and Registries
containing mappings of phone numbers to URIs, policies surrounding
admission to various points of network interconnection and various types
of trunk data.  In addition, there is a specific need for redistribution
of such Registry data to various types of network databases.  

The working group will draw upon expert advice and ongoing consultation
from the ENUM, SPEERMINT and PROVREG working groups. The working group
may also reuse elements of RFC 4114, if possible.

The final work product(s) from this working group will utilize and be
based on XML documents and XML document exchanges.

PROPOSED GOALS AND MILESTONES

Requirements for Interconnection data exchanges.         Sept 08 

Provisioning of Interconnection data registries.         Nov 08

Provisioning of Interconnection data caches.             Feb 09 

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166 PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683 <mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
PEPPERMINT mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint
_______________________________________________
OPS-AREA mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area